Love

Love is the conditon in which your happieness is dependent upon the happieness of another.

wink.gif
cool.gif

Love is like the feeling you get right before you sneeze. You can't explain it exactly, but there is no mistaking what it is. Love means many things to different people. Love to me is what Mike said, my happiness being contingent on that of another. In my case, it would be my family. I can't be happy, unless I am doing all I can to ensure their happiness.
You'll know it when it hits ya!

In my situation its a #####. I wrote A long explanation said screw that you can't explain love its unexplainable. It's there, you can feel it, you can't see it, you can't touch it, you can't control it, best thing to remember two people in love that cannot be together will burn you up! in other words it can hurt as much as it can make you feel wonderful.

I know it has many meanings but I'm curious to what others would consider love to be. Its something I've never experienced and being younger than most here I would enjoy the wisdom of those that have experienced love and life.
...Love
rock.gif

Love is what happened to me, when I first rode Elenor.
biggrin.gif

Thank you all for the responses everyone. Didn't expect so much information so quickly from everyone. WWJD, yours is what got me thinking because it was long and showed many different views. I'm still curious though, can love happen right away or is that an infatuation building up? For example, lets say I met someone 2 weeks ago and ever since then I couldn't wait to talk to them on the phone every night as it became routine. Hearing their voice and talking about nothing made you happy and knowing she was happy made you all that more happier. People always have their doubts it can't happen right away but I have grown a friendship and trust so quickly with her that I'd do anything for her and know she'd do the same for me. Then you could also tell she feels the same way about you as you do for her without even words being exchanged and everything just feels so right? Would you coin this as love? From what I read in your post WWJD, it seems to me it is.

Thanks for the responses all, you guys are truly great people, and I can ask questions and get serious responses with the couple of laughs too.
smile.gif

Do you realize that religion is the #1 cause of war throughtout human history? No suprise really!
rock.gif

Love is the feeling you get when your soul (spirit) finds balance. This is usually caused by another soul reaching into yours to complete what you're missing. That's also how you'll know when you've met "The right one"!
biggrin.gif

Hey pbiddy by your last post you just did thats kind what I said in the version I was trying to explain b4 I switched cause you cannot explain it to someone.   thats how I feel about a very good friend of mine I can't wait to see her, hear her talk listen to her laugh her scent(perfume hair)   she knows how I feel and she feels pretty strongly towards me too but she is in a relationship and I am not a backstabbing jerk so I have to sit back and do the part of love thats not good, being in it but without it!    but the way you're talking go with it if it is you'll know it good luck with your situation sounds cool     and wwjd if I ever get out of what I'm in, which the only way that is gonna happen if she and I eventually get together, I hope to share all the highs and lows in life with her cause she is worth it all! As it is I am her friend and will remain her friend as long as she is happy. Jeez does that sound like love or what

<!--EDIT|onerabidshark
Reason for Edit: None given...|1124401015 -->

heheheh yes it does.
smile.gif
self sacrifice is a huge part of knowing it's love.... when their needs outway yours. and I don't mean self sacrifice cuz it will have a sexual return for you later - that's selfish undercover, know what I mean?

Rabid, i know ALL about that with someone, yet conntecting with another deal. but that's a whole other thread! There is not just one perfect soulmate for you - maybe just one in the current town you reside in. ;)

PBiddy412, I can't exactly say what you got going on FOR SURE, since I am not you... but it is cool starting our sweet like that! I prefer to call it infatuation, but people call it love and it feels so good. Are you at a point where you should say "I love you" to her? Probably not after two weeks. So it probably isn't really love. But that is not a bad thing. You still have a great time with her.

Let's toss sex into the action here. We all love it, we all want it, it can feel great with JUST ABOUT ANYBODY that is breathing, but it can cause more pain than love because it tells your brain you are in love even when you might not be. I'm not gonna preach my religion to anybody here, I just want to say that people who jump into sex right after infatuation tend to get hurt REAL BAD after then breakup later when they discover they really have nothing else in common, no similar direction and beliefs... and it's real painful to split the package up when half of it was just sex. Pain, pain, pain. IF you can wait 6 months or a year until you REALLY GET TO KNOW someone, then when you feel it will last, the sex is all that much better too. Maybe I'm getting too deep in a love topic, but it is related. I believe it takes 1 to 2 years to really get to know someone. Think of how many people you know got divorced in less than two years. I know quite a few. Sure the sex was great, but then they found each other - there wasn't much there and they are disappointed. When you GROW into it over time, you can start growing together to a point where that is what you want life to be... growing together forever.... get married, get down and dirty and stay blissfully happy together forever! That's the goal inside everyone of us, admitting it to our selves or not. But when you do it and break up having nothing in common it is a lot more painful than if you didn't dive in. Why would you hang out with people you have nothign in common with? You wouldn't. Same deal. Okay enough about that.
biggrin.gif
Just tryign to save you avodiable pain if possible.

Sounds like you are off to a running start with those great intro feelings! Way to go! I hope it blossoms into real love for you.
smile.gif

When you and her can hold each other on the couch in stained underwear, watching Ren & Stimpy reruns, while having a farting contest, laughing, and just looking into each other's smiling eyes, and having that be the best day of the week, you've arrived, you know exactly what true love is!
smile.gif

<!--EDIT|WWJD
Reason for Edit: None given...|1124406737 -->

smile.gif

smile.gif

When Its Love you will know it....When Its Love you will feel it.....When Its Love it will last forever......VH GoodLuck
wink.gif

Love starts out one way and then matures. Does their happiness come before yours? Would you die in their place?

That's the typical "I don't have a reasonable response" response. [/QUOTE]
Thank you Dr. Kesler. Sigmund Freud would be proud of your stunning analytical powers if you understood my motives better than I. Unfortunately, you erred.

I quit the debate with Creekboy because I lack patience with those who have closed their minds to other perspectives. I lack patience with emotionally driven commentary instead of cerebrally derived thought. I lack patience with those who habitually quote the Bible to defend their spiritual beliefs--our mere participation in this forum is strong evidence that we can all read. I lack patience with those who present their beliefs with lofty superiority, often with pity for those who have divergent views. And, as you may now anticipate, my patience is also expiring with this futile endeavor so I will try to unsubscribe from this thread and seek intellectual stimulus elsewhere.

Perhaps you can love this:

finger-baby.jpg

Damn...and here I was thinking LOVE is just something you pretend to understand and have to gain more toys...
laugh.gif

Love is so many different things to different people...you'll know it when you feel it...it's not cut and dry...
blush.gif

That's the typical "I don't have a reasonable response" response. [/QUOTE]

Thank you Dr. Kesler. Sigmund Freud would be proud of your stunning analytical powers if you understood my motives better than I. Unfortunately,you erred.

I quit the debate with Creekboy because I lack patience with those who have closed their minds to other perspectives. I lack patience with emotionally driven commentary instead of cerebrally derived thought. I lack patience with those who habitually quote the Bible to defend their spiritual beliefs--our mere participation in this forum is strong evidence that we can all read. I lack patience with those who present their beliefs with lofty superiority, often with pity for those who have divergent views. And, as you may now anticipate, my patience is also expiring with this futile endeavor so I will try to unsubscribe from this thread and seek intellectual stimulus elsewhere.

Perhaps you can love this:[/QUOTE]

Well my student, If someone had just said <span style='font-size:13pt;line-height:100%'>]"Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres."[/color]</span> and had not credited the Bible and you didn't know it came from the Bible, would you disagree with it, or do you just disagree because it is from the Bible.

Is there a chance that YOU are the one with the closed mind?

<!--EDIT|Kevin Kesler
Reason for Edit: None given...|1124493849 -->

Back