Love

PBiddy412

Registered
I know it has many meanings but I'm curious to what others would consider love to be. Its something I've never experienced and being younger than most here I would enjoy the wisdom of those that have experienced love and life.

The mutual exchange of energy.
tounge.gif

the shortest love story in history:

"will you marry me?"
"no"
.. and they lived happilly ever after....

Sorry Warbaby....I didnt' say it GOD did...take it up with him...[/QUOTE]
That's a lame response. When you say "true" (as in absolute), you have chosen it as your truth. It may also be the truth for millions of others but it is not the only "truth". I'm not hammering your religeous views...only the way you presented it.  
smile.gif

its the mutual exchange of bodily fluids.....
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

j/k.... I agree with creeks answer

laugh.gif

How many truths are there Warbaby?......its like being pregant or not...there is no in between. Im not trying to start anything here bro...what God says in his word is what it is...plain and simple...I would suggest you read the chapter I stated, you might find that if you have this Love you will not need another truth or disallusion of truth...and if you have found this kind of love then you truly Know the love of God....enough said...lets go on...trust me it would be good for you to read...laters bro..Mick
smile.gif

I would suggest you read the chapter I stated, you might find that if you have this Love you will not need another truth or disallusion of truth...and if you have found this kind of love then you truly Know the love of God....enough said...lets go on...trust me it would be good for you to read[/QUOTE]

And I suggest that you not make assumptions (judgments) about me that you are not qualified to make. Why get "holier than thou"...? You know almost nothing about me. I read the Bible frequently--almost daily. I have opened Bibles in both bathrooms and all bedrooms. My religion is not at issue here. Nor is yours from my perspective. I am simply saying that when YOU present something (anything) as "truth", it is YOUR truth as opposed to the "truth" of someone else. Yes, there are many truths just as there are many people but just because their truth differs from yours does not invalidate theirs as their truth. Why is that hard to understand?

Mine is a simple point. Regardless of how hard you attempt to make it a religious matter, my point remains.

<!--EDIT|WarBaby
Reason for Edit: None given...|1124367698 -->

Im not trying to make this a religious issue..and Im glad to hear that you have bibles through out your home...thats great. I understand your point of view bro, maybe Im just very black and white...there is know gray area. The cornerstones of the church have been moved so far people don't know what is truth anymore. We accept literally everything in life as truth. All I was saying was in so many words is that if a person wants to know true love then 1Cor. Chapter 13 says it all. I didn't say it but God does. Now we can take what he says for what it is or we can define Truth our way. Thats where different truths come in, so I just say get back to the basics of Love and there it is. If you choose or anybody else choose's to accept a different form or way...then more power to you, I have to believe what God says is Love....thats my personal way. He asked what love is....so to me I told him what God says in his word is...he can take that for what it is or he can define it in anyways he feels, just like you. I learned along time ago I can never go wrong standing on the word of God, so for me that is where I stand, the rock is solid and he is my savior, lord and without him I have nothing...to you or anyone else he may be different, and thats your opinion and rightly so......and for the record bro Im not judging you you live your life according to what you know and live your life according how you feel.....God Bless...
smile.gif

Since we can't seem to discuss this beyond your religious views, we are done.

Happy trails...

Science will tell you love is a serious of reactions and chemical motivators displayed through physical responses, but science ONLY exists within the realm of the known. Love has many levels and can be sort of different for everybody. I love my brother and mom and dad and friends - meaning I have high interest in being with them, enjoying their company and generally appriciate their existance, but that love is differnet than how I love my Busa or love a good hobby. We'll assume you are speaking of the opposite sex. For my experiences from youth thru today, it has always been a blend of solidly grown appriciation mixed with the basic bodily draw or lust, if you will. There's no denying that we are 'physical beings' and have unlabelable attractions to one person or another, but that is not really love, just a basic instinct - you could just call it lust or secks, but not REALLY love. Love is simply wanting to be with, care for, help, entertain, desire, touch, provide for someone. The best love is something that may start as nothing and GROW into something incredible over a longer period of time - that time CAN NOT be short changed. If it's too short, it was probably all about lust anyway and won't last. LOVE can last. Society is against that on every level and I am afraid that frame of mind is winning out and will be the end of us all. But we can all do our part individually to keep love real and make it last. If it doesn't last was it ever REALLY love to begin with? Love lasts because it allows growth, forgives mistakes, accepts imperfection and in teh end laughs about it and moves on.

My first experience with REAL love was very, very young. I was way to young to know about the physical part but this girl in my 2nd or 3rd grade class won my heart. I didn't know why, I didn't understand, I didn't question it, but I enjoyed it! I loved being around her. We played tag, chase, and had a lot of fun just giggling because we liked being together but we didn't have that whole secks thing anywhere in sight to muck everything up. It was pure, it was real, it didn't last cuz we were 7 or so, but it existed.

Love is fleeting and different for everyone. Mostly because science is unable to duplicate it and catagorize it. And I hope it never can. I share Creek's view of Corithians 13 perspetive of love as the best definition, but if you lack religious connection there, try Webster's dictionary. I'll cut and paste some of it here:

1 a (1) : strong affection for another arising out of kinship or personal ties <maternal love for a child> (2) : attraction based on sexual desire : affection and tenderness felt by lovers (3) : affection based on admiration, benevolence, or common interests <love for his old schoolmates> b : an assurance of love <give her my love>
2 : warm attachment, enthusiasm, or devotion <love of the sea>
3 a : the object of attachment, devotion, or admiration <baseball was his first love> b (1) : a beloved person : DARLING -- often used as a term of endearment
4 a : unselfish loyal and benevolent concern for the good of another: as (1) : the fatherly concern of God for humankind (2) : brotherly concern for others b : a person's adoration of God
5 : a god or personification of love
6 : an amorous episode : LOVE AFFAIR
7 : the sexual embrace : COPULATION
8 : a score of zero (as in tennis)
9 capitalized, Christian Science : GOD
- at love : holding one's opponent scoreless in tennis
- in love : inspired by affection

I think that covers most of it including parts I don't agree with but others do. One of the best 'love' expamples I've seen was an Ann Landers deal. Check it out:

"Is it love you're feeling
or just an infatuation?"
by Ann Landers

"Infatuation is instant desire - one set of glands calling to another. Love is friendship that has caught fire. It takes root and grows, one day at a time.

Infatuation is marked by a feeling of insecurity. You are excited and eager but not genuinely happy. There are nagging doubts, unanswered questions, little bits and pieces about your beloved that you would just as soon not examine to closely. It might spoil the dream.

Love is the quiet understanding and mature acceptance of imperfection. It is real. It gives you strength and grows beyond you - to bolster your beloved. You are warmed by his presence, even when he is away. Miles do not separate you. You have so many wonderful little films in your head that you keep replaying. But near or far, you know he is yours and you can wait.

Infatuation says, "We must get married right away. I can't risk losing him." Love says, "Be patient. Don't panic. Plan your future with confidence."

Infatuation has an element of sexual excitement. Whenever you are together you hope it will end in intimacy. Love is not based on sex. It is the maturation of friendship that makes sex so much sweeter. You must be friends before you can be lovers.

Infatuation lacks confidence. When he's away, you wonder if he is cheating. Sometimes you check.

Love means trust. You are calm, secure and unthreatened. He feels your trust, and it makes him even more trustworthy.

Infatuation might lead you to do things you will regret, but love never steers you in the wrong direction.

Love is elevating. It lifts you up. It makes you look up. It makes you think up. It makes you a better person than you were before."

Copyright © All rights reserved. Ann Landers

Sorry for the long post. I'm all into love and that crap. I love life and everybody in it!

<!--EDIT|WWJD
Reason for Edit: None given...|1124370452 -->

Here's 1 Corinthians 13 in the Bible.

Reading in addition to that verse in the Bible, I have found that love is about sacrifice. We love others because of what they do to/for us.

I've often said things like, "I love you because [fill in what they do for me]"? That's her loving me. So that means if I attend to her needs, her love will grow for me. (And it has in such a short time)

My wife and I visit this verse frequently since we were married. Ephesians 5:22-33

I'm rambling and need to get back to work, but hope I said something that makes sense! I could go for days about what personal sacrifice does in every aspect of my life

<!--EDIT|Iced
Reason for Edit: "spelling/addition"|1124373200 -->

To me love is a very complicated thing. I don't think I can add much to what wwjd or creekboy have said but I must put my penny for thoughts in. To me, love is the butterflies I get. I met my lady at one of my close friend's funeral when I was in high school. I got these really uneasy feelings when I saw her, talked to her, cried on her shoulder. I still get those butterflies 9 yrs later. It is the ability for the whole world to completely stop around you when you look into her eyes. It is the ability for your heart to stop an stomache to flip when you know she is on the way over. Its the ability to be pissed off at each other and still know deep down you'd take a gunshot to the head to save them. Its after a huge knock down drag out fight, you cool off and make amends b/c you won't go to bed mad at each other. Its about trust, its about sharing each others interests and even giving in even when you don't want to just to watch them be happy. It is about knowing that no matter what they are there to support you emotionally, physically, and spirtually (if you are into that..if not omit).

That is what love is for me. You just know it when it hits you. Its takes the biggest man and totally humbles you. I used to think I was unstoppable. Big time free style wrestler, weight lifter I am the man...you can't stop me. Then she cries or looks at me and I become a 98 lb fragile person.

On with the bashing of my man hood lol.
drink.gif

Back