Thinking of selling the Busa

A'Busa'd

Donating Member
Registered
I'm in denial. I love my Busa. The speed, the torque, the legend, and oh yeah, the pain.

Just got back from The Gap and all of the wonderful mountain roads in the area. My second trip. Did about 350 miles a day for 3 days. Loved it... except for the intense pain in my neck.

I was diagnosed with a degenerative neck condition a few years ago, but never had experienced any pain with it until now. It was pretty bad. Guess my neck vertebrae don't like the position they have to be in to ride the Busa (or any other sport bike, for that matter) for extended periods.

I'm bummed. Don't want to give up the Busa or the possibility of other sport bikes. I've considered the FJR and the new BMW K1200S or K1200GT, but I don't want to give up the performance of the Busa.

Not sure what I'm asking here. Just venting , I suppose.
sad.gif

Alieve and a heat pack maybe...or....do what I plan, keep the Busa and buy another bike
beerchug.gif

I want a V twin but I ain't letting go of Celine, oh noo...

(Justyntym @ Sep. 12 2006,20:16) Alieve and a heat pack maybe...or....do what I plan, keep the Busa and buy another bike  
beerchug.gif

I want a V twin but I ain't letting go of Celine, oh noo...
Good advice.

Only I took Alive before my rides each day and I already own the cruiser.

Just hate the thought of resigning myself to cruiserdom.

Got the need for speed!

Maybe there is an illegal drug that won't impair my riding or a surgeon in some third world country with a miracle procedure?

how about a set of bar risers? Sit up a little more and take some weight off your neck.

gel pack on shoulder to rest helmet on...kinda like nascar...its a thought

Just a thought but, maybe your helmet is too heavy? Try changing it on your next ride if you can bum one from a buddy that might be lighter.
If that fails you may want to ask your Doc about Nerve Block Injections.
SHOCKED.gif

(jwcfbd @ Sep. 12 2006,21:42) how about a set of bar risers?  Sit up a little more and take some weight off your neck.
I've got the 1 1/4" Genmar riser on now. Put it on soon after I got the bike. It's worked great for two years.

I have had numerous job related injuries to the lower back and neck ( as well as other body parts) through the years and as a result of these I am limited to the amount of time I can spend on my Busa. One of the things that really helped me extend that time was investing in a lighter weight helmet. I chose the Shoei X-11 but there are others out there I am sure. I think before I would consider selling your Busa I would try this and or some of the other suggestions mentioned so far. You might even consider taking shorter trips and or more break time too. Just something to think about.

(AzBooSa @ Sep. 12 2006,23:49) Just a thought but, maybe your helmet is too heavy?  Try changing it on your next ride if you can bum one from a buddy that might be lighter.
If that fails you may want to ask your Doc about Nerve Block Injections.  
SHOCKED.gif
Oh yeah, that's it! I MUST get a lighter helmet. One of those expensive carbon fiber units. I now have "medical" reasons to buy one! You are a genius AzBooSa!
beerchug.gif
biggrin.gif

Don't know how tall you are, but 3/4 in reapers and my Tobin have radically changed my riding position... much more upright and comfortable...

Back