Lot's of new folks signing up lately...

Newman here. Joined the site in April 2010, although didn't get my Busa until January 2011.

Had quite a bit of help from various members on here, especially when I first got the bike.
I was very naive when I first joined up, never having been on a forum before, but people on here answered all my newbie questions.:thumbsup:

Like to say thanks to one member here who sent me a PM when I was going through a difficult time, and who sends me a PM every now and then to see how things are going.:bowdown:

Had a lot of laughs when people have posted replies to some of my silly misfortunes.:thumbsup:

Just checked to see when I actually joined APRIL THE 1ST, well that just about sums me up.:laugh:

Personnaly I find this post a little laughable. I have only ever met 4 people from off this site. One is no longer on here and the other 3 I only met because of Big E. I have been out to Okc at least once every year for the last several years. Sometimes for 3-4 months at a time. It is what you make of it and I am not complaining. I was able to find some decent single track and enjoy my time in Okc. I just wanted to state that things are certainly not like what this post seems to be saying, at least not for everyone.

Welcome all you newbies. I am flrider (97 Harley Bagger) and have a 03 Busa with 04 Black and Purple skin. Have been here over ten years now. Amazing. Get to ride a lot being in California and retired so time does not mean too much. Have met some really great people here and consider others who I have not had the pleasure to meet in person as friends. Enjoy the site and ride safe always.

My name is Steve, I come here for laughs mostly. I've been to a bash, met plenty of nice guys from this site. Been to a couple Midwest Meet and Greets, and ride with a few local Busa guys I've met through this site.

Glad the site is here, and hope the "traffic" picks up a little as this site has major potential to be absolutely hysterical.. :laugh:

Ezduzit here, been around for 6-7 years, had a 06 busa (totaled) now I have a 08, I've meet a couple of peeps through here, D03 and racerv.

ForumRunner_20130709_094451.png

ForumRunner_20130709_094451.png

I am one of those new guys that showed up and I have learned a whole lot just reading here. Bikes have been in my blood all my life and the decision to purchase a 'busa was driven by the fact they are good, fast bikes right off the showroom floor. Hondas have always been my choice of rides even back to college when I rode a Silver Wing 500 and thought they were kewl. That old bike got me to class many a day when I didn't have enough money to pay attention.

This place seemed different when I first started researching bikes and after meeting Josh and being on here a few months, I am convinced that it really is. I asked about getting some leathers made, and gloves a while back. I got good advice, just for the asking. On Thursday, I am flying over to Orange County, CA for my final fit at NJK leathers for my suit. 10 months ago, I decided to lose 100 pounds so I could be safer and faster on a bike in LSR runs. I hit my goal last week and hope to run at Houston this fall. If that doesn't work out, then I am going back to Beeville where I have run before. I still ride the street, but LSR has become a passion and fits right in with hanging out in the trailer and being around bikes. You can only do so many rallies before they all start to be one big blur. With any luck, I should have a real suit and gloves soon and then start learning to ride in my gear in time to be ready for October.

I enjoy checking in here when I can and appreciate the advice, help and time others offered in my quest to put down a legit 150 MPH pass this year. Who knows, I might even see 160. Whatever speed it turns out to be, it's going to be fun.

Hello World.

PandaNin here. I live in Northern California (Napa) and enjoy long bike rides and walks on the beach. Oh wait, wrong forum for that one.

I've been here since I bought my 05 blue/silver, <cough> fastest color.

I have been fortunately enough to meet several of the members all over the US. Not too long ago I met a member out in the desert outside Las Vegas and I wasn't even on the busa!

As with any forum, you get what you put into it. Don't be shy, say hi.

Jimbo here, greetings from Carson City, NV. I feel very privileged to have owned two busas in the past, an 05 and 09 during which time back in 2005 I met on the "ORG" and still ride with a fellow Carsonite, Pacemaster. I've logged many miles with the owner of this site (Captain) and his sidekick UncleSteve on two occasions, the first during the 2009 Reno Stampede and when the two of them passed this way during their mega mile cross country trek a few years ago. Last year I took the plunge and jumped ship buying a new 2012 Kawasaki ZX14R Ninja but still love to frequent the best motorcycle enthusiast site in the nation, the one you're logged onto right now. For me it only gets better, in two weeks I'll be attending the Reno Hayabusa Stampede and will be carving canyons in the Sierra Nevada Mountains with old friends even though I've gone over to the dark side. Heck, in my opinion, it ain't what ya ride, but rather who you ride with! A pic of me and the "Black Knight" below.

Jimbo's ZX14R (Large).jpg

JIMBO you just made my day... Sir I have been wondering how you have been... I CAN"T BELIEVE YOU GOT A KAWI! So glad you are doing well....

John here (probably figured that out by yourself) lol. Well I joined back in 2007 when I bought a brand new 2007. I stayed deployed 6 months out of the year so I sold it in 09. I come around the site here and there until recently when I bought my 03 this year now I am back in soakin up the knowledge.

I have never had a chance to ride with any of the other members or make a bash but that is a goal of mine.

Hi, I am racerV and I ride a Buell Blast. I hang around on this site hoping that someday I may be worthy of owning a Harley.

JIMBO you just made my day... Sir I have been wondering how you have been... I CAN"T BELIEVE YOU GOT A KAWI! So glad you are doing well....
Thanks Doug! I'll always have fond memories of when you, Steve and I did the Sierraville/Downieville loop run when you were last out here. Yeah, sometimes I can't believe I got a ZX14R either, but heck, life is short and I just had to see what all the hype was about. So far, so good, lovin' this thing! I hope all is well with UncleSteve and you. Susan says to say hi!!

Jimbo

Hello from the middle of Wyoming! :thumbs:
Russ - Red1100cc here.
I am one of the tour riders on here. i have ridden 3 goldwings into the ground along with a hand full of others.
i am a bikeaholic.
i rebuild and work on all kinds of motorcycles. i am currently working on a CB900 sidecar unit, a VW trike, rebuilding a Kz750b chopper, and the Busa needs fork seals and brake pads. :beerchug:
i also lobby for motorcycle rights and have even written a few good laws for us bikers.
i like to ride; and ya never know when i might show up on your doorstep looking for a place to hang a hammock.
At this moment i am hideing in my shop, putting together a 10,000mi 4 corners ride to raise money for the drowning support network. :thumbs:

until i knock on your door...we'll see ya in cyberspace.

Names Art and busas are my game. I am located in Iowa by Omaha Nebraska. I joined the sight long ago....left when i sold that busa and then joined again when i bought my 02. I have since sold it and bought my 2011. I have since sold it and moved on to a 109r. I am currently in the market for another busa but i want a Gen1 back. I enjoy the sight and the numerous different back grounds here. I havent met anyone on the sight personally but i have chatted with a few on the phone and can tell you there is no sight with more friendly people and helpful. This sight contains all things busa period. Its fun going to the stealership and making the sales people look foolish from the knowledge i have gathered from here!

Scott here, live in the Reno area.........I have probably owned in the neighborhood of 20 hayabusa's. It helps to have parts around when you race these things. I ride a busa, my wife rides her own busa, my friends rides busa's.......see the theme?

At any rate I like wrenching on busa's riding them and racing them.........not a fan of the pretty busa's, I like em dirty, fast and performance related!

Well, Hello Hayabusa.org and folk... I am D_phi_d or aka Deephi...I am a owner of a new to me but old to others 2002 busa purchased July the 4th 2013. First time owning one...needed the step up... becaue I am 6'7 305 ex Pro football player.... Love riding... and I just can not stay off this bike.. love the power and the tork it has...plus I came from a Katana 750 so a big difference to where i use to throw the Kat arond now the Busa tosses me around....but I am getting use to it.

Looking forward to meeting everyone one ...especially riders in San Diego or southern Cali for that matter...Also I do, and will have many questions about the busa so please people bare with me on my questions....Looks like I will be picking you guys minds, starting out with the person called Rubbersidedown? I hope i got the name right and also Captain....

but Great to meet all and please feel free to speak upon seeing me or post.

All Love here

DeePhi...

Well, Hello Hayabusa.org and folk... I am D_phi_d or aka Deephi...I am a owner of a new to me but old to others 2002 busa purchased July the 4th 2013. First time owning one...needed the step up... becaue I am 6'7 305 ex Pro football player.... Love riding... and I just can not stay off this bike.. love the power and the tork it has...plus I came from a Katana 750 so a big difference to where i use to throw the Kat arond now the Busa tosses me around....but I am getting use to it.

Looking forward to meeting everyone one ...especially riders in San Diego or southern Cali for that matter...Also I do, and will have many questions about the busa so please people bare with me on my questions....Looks like I will be picking you guys minds, starting out with the person called Rubbersidedown? I hope i got the name right and also Captain....

but Great to meet all and please feel free to speak upon seeing me or post.

All Love here

DeePhi...

Welcome and ask away.

:welcome: to all the newb's and the old ones that poke their heads out from under their rocks on occasion :laugh: i am semi from Alton, IL and i like taking pictures (so i can remember where i've been)... been around a few years and have met and ridden with quite a few folks on here from SC to UT to WI to the Gulf Coast to NY...heading out for Maine and down the right coast to FL and back across to TX starting next Monday with twotonevert and his better half, should see some of you at MCM's retirement in a couple weeks...never be afraid to ask a question no matter how trivial it may seem, i will guarantee that you aren't the only one that doesn't know the answer and you'll be helping the other folks out who are too afraid to ask!

Back