Lost memeber finally found his way home...

Birdoprey

Registered
Its been a few years, so many of you prolly don't know me...and those that did prolly forgot! lol Some may remember me attempting to ride a stk wheelbase Busa down the 1/4mi w/o falling off? Don't get to the track much at all these days. Don't know if would be able to hold on now...

I was pretty active on the Busa boards from 2000 on up to prolly 2005 or so. Owned a Red/Gray 00 Busa and then a 04 LE. Got rid of the last bike to buy a house. Played around with some old skool bikes for a few years but everything i messed with ended up being at the track more than the street. Tried to update the bikes with some newer tech but everything always fell short of the Busa to me.
A couple of years ago my lil 8 year old daughter(at the time) had some health issues and that focused my attention on her and my family and away from bikes and such. After a year plus of ups and downs my lil girl quite having issues and has been doing great for the past year or so.(PHEW!)
I enjoyed spending more time with my family and decided i did'nt wanna mess with working on my junk all the time. Sold it all and just bought another Busa....WHOOHOOO!!!
Its a 03. Has a few miles on it(26K) and some "bling"(i'm not much for chrome). It does have a Brock Street meg exhaust, PCIIIR, small air box mod, pair valve blocked off, aftermarket under tail(think its Hotbodies), lowering links, billet lowering upper tripple, speedo healer, braided ss brake and clutch lines and prolly a few other bits. Nothing special. Needed the valves adjusted when i got it and now that i've done that, it runs much better.
I'm not the "bling" type, so i'm gonna get rid of a few things(undertail, billet lowering triple) and replace with the stock stuff.

Anyway, i just wanted to say "HEY" and thank you all for keeping the site going! AND allowing long lost members a place to return to! :thumbsup:

102_2838.jpg

102_2836.jpg

102_2837.jpg

102_2840.jpg

Birdoprey

Registered
BTW, those pics are of the bike the day i bought it(two weeks ago today). I've removed the stickers on the back and got rid of the skull shield and itty-bitty chrome mirrors in favor of stock pieces.

IG.

Registered
Welcome back! It seems you had a challenging period of your life. Hopefully, it will get easier.

Birdoprey

Registered
Yeah, its been tough for a bit. My lil girl(she is very petite) is prolly the toughest kid i know. Ended up having a deformed gall-bladder(was working but just barely). The worst part was that it took 6mo's of tests/poking/proding and major pain for them to figure it out! Then she had a bad reaction to the antibiotics post surgery. Had another WAAAY out in left field issue 8 months later and she got Mono at the same time! I'm still amazed at how she kept her amazingly happy attitude throughout the whole ordeal. She is doing great now!

VIPER

Formerly known as viperblackbusa.
Registered
welcome back to the site man....good to have ya...nice scooter.

semi

Whoooosh!
Donating Member
Registered
Glad you found your way back home but I know you're even happier that your girl is doing well. I pray that things continue to go well for her! Welcome back to the Busa world! :beerchug:
Posted via Mobile Device

Chemmy

Registered
Welcome back man, I am glad to hear your daughter is recouping and yes it is always amazing how they still smile throughout the whole thing sometimes. My oldest put me threw the ringer once with a visit to the hospital, it is a day I will never forget and you will too use this one day as a reminder of how strong and wonderful your daughter is.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
J Lost my key! How to find ignition cyl code for new key? Busa problems 1
J Lost Key General Bike Related Topics 24
M Have a slipper clutch, but lost all gears after quarter mile pass Busa problems 25
MoeMar Lost Keys General Bike Related Topics 6
greg3852 Lost a friend this week Random Thoughts 24
Purple1300 Lost a brake light cover!!! General Bike Related Topics 11
Quiksilver Top gun undertail turn signal wire lost. Appearance mods 9
RedBull Lost Somebody With Great Talent ~ Please Pray For Their Family & Friends * Random Thoughts 8
captain Lost My Dog This Weekend.... Random Thoughts 31
rubbersidedown Lost Another Sister Today. Random Thoughts 34
c10 Sunday With The Hayabusa Getting Lost . General Bike Related Topics 10
Kevin Jones gen 1 ECU flash lost by tuner (PC5) Maintenance and Do-It-Yourself 1
VaBusa We lost a good friend today - Pappy Random Thoughts 37
GEARJAMMER So has doritos lost there minds? roulette doritos Random Thoughts 4
PADEROLIS Looks like I lost 5th gear! General Bike Related Topics 11
GSXcite lost my father this morning Random Thoughts 29
Hayabusawannabe Lost them both! Maintenance and Do-It-Yourself 4
fallenarch Almost lost the 9th life today! Random Thoughts 25
Pecan Pouch Lost a friend Accident / Crash Forum 18
Twobrothersbusa Lost our little friend Buddy today... Random Thoughts 24
A I Lost My Key...Help! General Bike Related Topics 15
VaBusa The world lost a great person today Random Thoughts 18
cheferman65 Sad news, rider lost General Bike Related Topics 40
shawnski another rider lost his life in world super sport race in moscow.. Random Thoughts 5
rubbersidedown I lost something very "Near and dear" to me. A serious TRADGEDY. It's Gone. General Bike Related Topics 28
Blanca BusaLess Lost puppy :( Random Thoughts 16
mikey28804 We lost an angel... Random Thoughts 17
MoNoXiDe lost cowl Random Thoughts 29
piratediverjefff Me,Red,Mike,and Grapeape...lost. Videos 16
rashad Lost baffle screw... General Bike Related Topics 3
S key lost Busa problems 7
lil charlie Lost a rider over the weekend New Owners Forum 25
Chris79761TX Lost $600.00 planning a ride to Ruidoso NM rally Random Thoughts 17
gurrera Lost Dog Random Thoughts 19
B confused and lost Busa problems 2
fallenarch I lost 35 lbs! General Bike Related Topics 26
Blanca BusaLess Harley washes ashore in Canada after being lost in Japanese Tsunami Random Thoughts 14
card16969 lost another one Accident / Crash Forum 23
ditchdr Lost a rider yesterday Random Thoughts 23
B which pcv mad do i use im kinda lost Maintenance and Do-It-Yourself 2
nodnil Lost screws do not know where i can find bolts to buy Maintenance and Do-It-Yourself 8
Kcmarine My girl lost my busa key :( Random Thoughts 20
Sum Beach Lost my key . . . Gen II Busa Information 47
mizmoo-sa Fall Bash Lost & Found 2011 Fall Bash 11
S Lost to an 05 R1... Gen II Busa Information 50
Kat600 Clutch Leak? Lost Some Fluid from the System Busa problems 13
Sous Busa lost race to a CBR........ General Bike Related Topics 39
Sous Lost 31 today, RIP brothers..... Random Thoughts 41
busaMD Lost a local rider last night, Louisville, KY Accident / Crash Forum 15
A lost and stuck on the lift Busa problems 5