Looking to join the ranks.

chowda633

Registered
Looking to join the ranks of the turbo world. I have owned 22 eclipses, talons, lasers etc. Did the "Turbo thing" with all of them. All the way up to 650 whp 2.4 on a GT40R.

Bought a busa and now the love for the cars is gone and now its the bike :D. Goals are 400whp, 200mph on the land speed and 8's.

Started out with a 600 about 2 years ago, bought the busa about 6 months ago stock. Its an 03 slowly modding it and I love drag racing! 10.9 first pass with a 2.0+ 60 foot. Fell in love after that.

10.5 last week with a drag seat, air box mod and some other crap.

I think I am going to part out my race car and use the money to turbo the busa. Been doing my homework etc. and it will be an over the winter project. Till the end of the season I am going to continue with more seat time and keep practicing and slowly modding it till the winter shuts us down. Then Turbo time :D

Friend of mine put together a turbo busa years back plan on having him do the build over the winter. Where is a good place to get tuning in the RI area?

I don't mind driving considering the bike is getting built 5 hours north in Maine :D can't drive far enough for quality work!

Any thoughts or inputs on this route and goals?

...Goals are 400whp, 200mph on the land speed and 8's.

Congrats & welcome.
Just curious why 400hp? Good luck on the tuners sometimes you really have to search. Adn when you find one ask plenty of questions to make sure if you never heard of his reputation. Near me the closest quality shops are one 5 hrs Phoenix, 4 hrs LA area, and now 8 hrs away in Salt lake city

Congrats & welcome.
Just curious why 400hp? Good luck on the tuners sometimes you really have to search. Adn when you find one ask plenty of questions to make sure if you never heard of his reputation. Near me the closest quality shops are one 5 hrs Phoenix, 4 hrs LA area, and now 8 hrs away in Salt lake city

On race gas of course and on a progressive staged setup. To help push the 8's and haul ass on the land speed course :D

10.5 with a 2.0 60 foot you cant handle the power you have now thoes time should tell you that you only have 6 months on the seat of that thing. your 60 foot should of been kept to yourself. really think it through before jumping into this untill you get more seat time just my two sents :beerchug:

Be ready for the maintenance to keep it running. Stage 1 kits are high maintenance with 230-250hp, 400hp is something that may require so much upkeep that you may not want to ride it that much to keep it from eating up parts.A1397 or 1441 built right will run over 200mph, 8 second 1/4s, and smoke most other, bikes turbos included, but it won't do any of these things with 2.0 60ft skill.I have a Dodge Dakota with $3200 total in it turning 1.5s.Practice.

Be ready for the maintenance to keep it running. Stage 1 kits are high maintenance with 230-250hp, 400hp is something that may require so much upkeep that you may not want to ride it that much to keep it from eating up parts.A1397 or 1441 built right will run over 200mph, 8 second 1/4s, and smoke most other, bikes turbos included, but it won't do any of these things with 2.0 60ft skill.I have a Dodge Dakota with $3200 total in it turning 1.5s.Practice.

high maintenance??? right parts right tune lots of oil changes?????????

I am curious about all this upkeep and maintenance, what type of items are you maintaining? You make a turbo system sound a whole lot more complicated then it is. Basically all the turbo system does is supply more air for your engine and the fuel system that comes with the kit adds the fuel required, if you have a bike eating up parts you might want to let someone else work on it.

Richard

Hey Hit man, the turbo guru has spoken. Care to answer that one??:laugh::laugh:

Richard the stage 1 kit install is going along very nicely. You really put together a very detailed and quality kit. I did get your BOV email reply a couple days ago thank you for the very quick response.

I put 7.5k miles on my bike in the last year, it is used everyday if the weather permits. Oil changes, plugs, tires coolant, and air filter cleaning are expected maintenace.I've had cracked FMU shims, leaky throttlebody boots, cracked header, dry rotted fuel lines, another cracked header ,and cracks in the wastegate hose (boost spiked to 28psi) all in a years time. If you drag race, save up for an undercut tranny, shift forks, output shaft, and shift shafts. Stay away from Hahns kit even if its on sale.Extra money for a stage 2 will save you from the FMU headache.I've had built 2 gsxr 1100s,3 zx9s, 1 gsxr 750, and a built 83 gs 750. The main things that matter to me is that the bike cranks everytime and I don't have to call for a truck to pick me up. I love the boost but it adds more variables. More power will always find the weakest link in the drivetrain.

1.8 60 foot wheeling of the line to be exact... Came up high but I rode it out till it came back down.

Sold my race car so money is not the issue for the build.

Also going stage 1 to start. Took some advice and going to work my way up. Not just jump on a 400 hp bike.

I ran a over 600 whp 4 cyl drag car I know all about stuff breaking. Owned 22 DSM's most all blown up, sold, fixed at one time. I spent more time wrenching than driving. No joke.

As I said in the first post this is progressive build the rest of the season is seat time at the track.

4 wheels vs 2? Most are streched running 1.5's

Your point???

Back