Looking to buy a busa. Cant decide

I dont mind the tailsection but I actually have never looked at them. yeah the gen 2 isnt as clean

they both have a lot of add on's just with the black one I don't know how street worthy it is. I dont know about the Brock's Heavy Springs Lock up Clutch Kit

my 2 cents: both bikes are overpriced. With similar mods, I paid $8200 for my 09 ($8300 for my old 08, also with similar mods).

yeah I am gonna see if I can get the prices down. but difference is hayabusa a dime a dozen in socal but here in the midwest they arent around as much. it sucks

Black one without a doubt. I may be a bit biased bc it looks alot like my bike, but it just looks more sleek to me. Plus the exhaust is gonna be better, you will love the way that sounds.

Also the list of mods seems to be more extensive and functional, so you are getting more bang for your buck.

with the black one I don't know how the drag mod's will work on the street. He says it was never raced but a lot of those mods seem like drag mods.

My money would be on the Gen II. I like the looks of the black one more, but looking at the add on's it appears as if someone use to race it.. a lot.. but that's just my .02.

I cant give an opinion on that, never had to worry bout anything like that, although my bike was set up to drag before I bought it. Maybe ask the seller if theyve driven it on the road, and how it feels compared to other busas? Or trick them into letting you test it :whistle:

If you're willing to travel or have a bike shipped, the deals are out there. Be patient and best of luck.

yeah he says it has never been raced... I question that too. and I haven't talked to the guy personally on the black one. the guy with the orange seemed true to the bike. it comes with stands and a tender. but with the orange I would have to buy all new gear.

If you can stand the uglier looking head light of the Gen 1 go for a Gen 1 :laugh:

The headlight was designed with a purpose, in the wind tunnel to reduce the drag coefficient, since the speed wars ended and Suzuki had no interest in a design that needed to exceed 186 mph they changed it.... Probably why some of the Gen 2 bikes plastics are falling apart in LSR :whistle: maybe the Gen 2 guys need to go back to the more purposefully designed motorcycle :poke:
:laugh:

gen 2 all the way, superior to the gen 1, somewhere on this site theres a writeup from someone that just got a gen 2 from a gen 1, said its a night and day difference, more power, better suspension/handling, better breaks and, well, the black and orange very nice... solid black bikes are everywhere

i just came of a gen1 for a gen 2. search for my write up. i promise you wont be sorry if you get the gen2. the tail section will grow on you and it is a way better machine.

+1 on the 08' - it's upgraded in every area from the Gen1 - power, suspension, brakes etc

Although that price seems a bit high. I got my 08' almost 2 years ago with 9000 miles on it for $8300. And it already had the Yosh, PC3, BMC filter and Dyno tune.

Back