Brocks or Roaring Toyz

Does anyone think someone can feel the 2-3 hp difference between the 2 systems? (how much time is spent at full throttle on the street?)

Me thinks the "mental" aspect of the noise is a bigger deal than a couple ponies...

Just turn your hearing aid down !!! :rofl::poke:

...they (are) very loud ( traffic knows you are coming):laugh:

i hear loads of Harley riders spout the "loud pipes save lives", but notice that you hear them GOING (end of exhaust is "aimed" at you) more than coming up on you.

(sorry to thread jack, but this was on my mind)

i hear loads of Harley riders spout the "loud pipes save lives", but notice that you hear them GOING (end of exhaust is "aimed" at you) more than coming up on you.

(sorry to thread jack, but this was on my mind)

When in tight traffic I will shift down to make my exhaust louder, and you should see people when you are coming up on them. They are definitely looking for the cause of the sound they are hearing... To me the proof is right there in their actions. If they are looking for you, they know you are there whether they can see you or not..

I have never heard a bike coming up from behind me.. I hear them when I can see them unless they are riding right along side me...

Personal op here:

Loud pipes do not save lives, the only pizz off the masses at bikes in general.
Scaring drivers by zooming by them is pointless and can even make them aggressive..

best practice IMO is NOT to ride beside a car and always have an "out" when in traffic.. yea it takes more effort but I have 40 years of street riding without being taken out or crashing... (probably cause I ride like an old lady though)

I have never heard a bike coming up from behind me.. I hear them when I can see them unless they are riding right along side me...

Personal op here:

Loud pipes do not save lives, the only pizz off the masses at bikes in general.
Scaring drivers by zooming by them is pointless and can even make them aggressive..

best practice IMO is NOT to ride beside a car and always have an "out" when in traffic.. yea it takes more effort but I have 40 years of street riding without being taken out or crashing... (probably cause I ride like an old lady though)

You think the loud exhaust makes them mad, you should see how some of them act when you are splitting traffic on a gridlocked freeway !!! Holy Smokes, I have had people swerve over with whatever room they have in front of them just to try and stop me from getting by !!!:banghead: I have had some pretty close calls with people who have done this at the last second, and it was pretty obvious they could care less if I hit them or not...

Auto accidents involving motorcycles, drivers always say they didn't see the motorcycle.
Never do they say that they didn't hear the motorcycle.
Don't sell yourself on the idea that a loud bike is a safer bike.
Bright colored clothing, riding in the view, look for that eye to eye contact.
When in doubt fall back or blast out ahead of the pack. Don't lurk in a blind spot.
Just my opinion.

Auto accidents involving motorcycles, drivers always say they didn't see the motorcycle.
Never do they say that they didn't hear the motorcycle.
Don't sell yourself on the idea that a loud bike is a safer bike.
Bright colored clothing, riding in the view, look for that eye to eye contact.
When in doubt fall back or blast out ahead of the pack. Don't lurk in a blind spot.
Just my opinion.

True that...:beerchug:

the dumb a##es that are on the phone talking while they driving can't see or hear you regardless and that is the majority of accidents.

when i ride mine i have seen 90% time people in passenger side or rear seat turn around and see what is that noise behind them and most of time i can see the driver look on side mirror or rearview mirror.( maybe they are trying check out the bad a@@ busa coming):laugh::laugh:
i don't have loud muffler to get people's attention , i just like the sound of mine and folks it is not that bad, i had my neighbour rode mine the other day while i was driving to see how it sounds, it is loud but not annoying loud and it sounds great. i have had alot of people in stop trafiic tell me that. i am not looking for 5 or so extra hp.

Last edited:
Does anyone think someone can feel the 2-3 hp difference between the 2 systems? (how much time is spent at full throttle on the street?)

Me thinks the "mental" aspect of the noise is a bigger deal than a couple ponies...

I'll bet you $500 to a free full system there is more than 2-3 hp between them..somebody please take this bet.. :please:

I'll bet you $500 to a free full system there is more than 2-3 hp between them..somebody please take this bet.. :please:

you get more than 2-3 hp but it take a pc and good map to get 10 to 12 hp. that means 325.00 for pc and good map or custom map +$$$.:thumbsup:

Link no longer works

Last edited:
OK, am I crazy, or did I see a thread not too long ago that Roaring Toyz was a new site sponsor? I checked and don't see them, but I swear I wasn't dreaming. ::9

I bought the Brock's streetmegaphone full system and the power commander w/street map directly from Brock for about $1425 (give or take)shipped. Streetmeg has a removable baffle and if you purchase the system from Brock you sign up for free to get map support for any mod and performance application for life.

Back