Looking for recommendations...

Over_Easy

GEO-STABILIZATION EXPERT
Donating Member
Registered
I find myself borrowing my neighbor's air compressor to adjust my tires psi more and more because it's such a pain in the ass to do after leaving the house in all your gear, heat/weather, having perfect change, etc.

Weird thing is, I need to have his jacked up to about 100+ psi just to ensure a positive flow to increase my tire psi to 40-42.

1. Does anyone know of or have an inexpensive air compressor to simply adjust tire psi and...
2. Should it have to go up to 100+ psi to increase my tire pressure?

Got mine at Walmart for around $20.00. Small receiver, but all ya need for tire maintenance.

(dadofthree @ Nov. 30 2006,06:53) Got mine at Walmart for around $20.00. Small receiver, but all ya need for tire maintenance.

Guess I'll just head around the corner to Wal-Mart.

We were in KMart last night, they had a Craftsman compressor set up for $99. We debated that for a long time.... but passed it by (this time).

Just get married...opps you said "cheap", lol

Sears runs some good sales from time to time and you can get one with an accessory kit included as well....

(LadyHawk @ Nov. 30 2006,11:05) We were in KMart last night, they had a Craftsman compressor set up for $99. We debated that for a long time.... but passed it by (this time).
Yeah... this one was pretty decent~ I think it was 125psi, something like 3hp.. or it may have been a 3gal tank and 1.5hp~ It was good enough for tire pressure and running a few tools~ It comes with a coiled hose and a few fittings to get you started~ Looked like a great deal for $99.... but then I'm all about Craftsman products myself~
wink.gif

(Over_Easy @ Nov. 30 2006,07:23)
(dadofthree @ Nov. 30 2006,06:53) Got mine at Walmart for around $20.00. Small receiver, but all ya need for tire maintenance.

Guess I'll just head around the corner to Wal-Mart.
same here    i got one at wally world and it fits behind the tool kit    add a power outlet and your good to go
smile.gif

then there's always Sears. I bought a 150 psi Craftsman 15 gal tank unit for $199, works great! And, you get a 20 pc accessory kit with it. It scares the crap out of the cats when it cycles on. Cheap entertainment.

Got one from Lowes for $180 that comes with all attachments from airing tires to painting and pin stripping. Not that I can paint or pinstrip
wink.gif
, but I got the stuff anyway
tounge.gif

(vman1300 @ Nov. 30 2006,09:13) Just get married...opps you said "cheap", lol

Sears runs some good sales from time to time and you can get one with an accessory kit included as well....
+1

a local retailer here Menards sells a compressor made by Coleman that is in the shape of a cordless drill. It comes with a 19.2v battery and has a 125psi capacity with all of the attachments for $39.00. I bought one and love it. Perfect for the pits when your adjusting air pressure before the next run.
lurk.gif

Back