I tried out the new BT002RS tires

Charlesbusa

Used to be a SoCal Busa
Donating Member
Registered
Bridgestone just recently released their newest tire, the BT002RS.

http://www.motorcycle-karttires.com/glamour....kupID=9

They call it a DOT Approved Hypersport Street/Track Day tire ideal for performance riders and track days.  Which sounds like a perfect match for me.

For $213.49 for front and rear(180/55), $230.78 for front and rear(190/50), and $233.62 for front and rear(190/55), you can't beat the price.
http://www.parts411.com/acbasp/stores/1/BT002-RS-C9877.aspx
I don't expect the price to stay that low, I think its a promotional price for a brand new tire.

So I bought a new set for my 2 trackdays at Buttonwillow, and they performed very good.  I slid the front once and the rear a few times until I adjusted the PSIs correctly.  Plus the tires never just let go, they slid controllably.
But once I set the PSI to 37 HOT front and rear, the tires stuck like glue.  They never slid again.  For an idea on how aggressive I ride, I am a fast B group rider and a slow A group rider.
For an idea on where to start with a cold PSI, with the air temp at 73 degrees the rear was 28.5 PSI and the front was 30 PSI.  But since air temp, track temp, and riding ability greatly influence PSI, I recommend checking them when they're hot and adjusting them to 37 PSI.

As for wear, after 2 trackdays it looks like the rear can handle 1 to 2 more trackdays and the front looks like its good for 2-3 more trackdays.  But wear will be affected a lot by rider abilities.

I haven't taken them out on the street yet.  I'll probably set the PSI at about 33/34PSI for canyons, but I'll have to see how that works out.  Looking at the tread pattern, they'll probably do OK in the wet but it doesn't look like their strong point, not many groves.

I like these tires a lot.  And until I can afford race tires, $$$$, these tires are my pick.

qp.jpg

What? No V shaped profile like that infamous Powers? ? ? How can this be?
biggrin.gif

did you ride Race Group Chuckie?

I'm going try those Stones for MMP. I don't think my pilot race tires will last till then. And for $100 less, you really cant beat that. I'll prolly order them in the next couple of weeks.

(gtrpimp76 @ Jul. 04 2007,18:flamethrowing:) did you ride Race Group Chuckie?

I'm going try those Stones for MMP. I don't think my pilot race tires will last till then. And for $100 less, you really cant beat that. I'll prolly order them in the next couple of weeks.
B group on Sat

Then B group Sun morning

then they bumped me to A group at noon
beerchug.gif

Miller is gonna rock, I already ordered a set(190/55) for the Busa because the price might go up between now and then
wink.gif

(cosmo @ Jul. 04 2007,19:16) How do they compare to other tires you've used?
I've never had a problem with Pilot Powers, but the problem in comparing them is that I've gotten a lot faster since I rode on Pilot Powers.

The only other tire I can compare them to is the BT014s becasue they're the only other tires I've ridden on since my pace has picked up.

They're way better than the BT014s for riding a fast pace.  The 014s would get greasy and the rear would slide a lot.  Plus I lost the front on the BT014s with no warning at all in Pahrump. Luckily, the bike bounced off the rear brake lever and I didn't crash.

Sorry I can't give you a better comparaison, but I don't want to just make stuff up either  
wink.gif

I don't want to just make stuff up either [/Quote]
Well then, I guess you'll have to forget about that career in the main stream media then
cool.gif

(cosmo @ Jul. 04 2007,19:31) I don't want to just make stuff up either  
Well then, I guess you'll have to forget about that career in the main stream media then  
cool.gif
.[/Quote]
Ahh come on, the media doesn't just make stuff up
poke.gif

They sensationalize it
pissed.gif

(dadofthree @ Jul. 04 2007,21:49) runtime error on second link. Are you getting the front and rear for $230
rock.gif
The link still works for me.

Yes, I'm getting the front and rears for that price!!
biggrin.gif

Local guys have 'em for $200 for front and rear. We'll see how real that is when I call to order!

--Wag--

Good info... couple guys down here (95 - 105 degrees) are looking for decent tires for the twisties and proper psi.

beerchug.gif

Back