Get on yer spring maintenance. Have a lQQk it could be very much needed.

rubbersidedown

TURBO-BUSA-RIDIN'-BASTID
Donating Member
Registered
Busa is up on lift,I'm lookin' "him" over. Him because sometimes I refer to him as the Black Bastid,but only when he's messin'around with me,not starting or some shid.
Anyway chain is dirty and out of adjustment.Front tire recommended air pressure 42 PSI. Rubb's tire..aahhh errr hmmmm...20 pounds. :banghead:
Have a look see boyz n girlz yer lives depend on it.:race::fire::eek::confused:

Rubb.

Busa is up on lift,I'm lookin' "him" over. Him because sometimes I refer to him as the Black Bastid,but only when he's messin'around with me,not starting or some shid.
Anyway chain is dirty and out of adjustment.Front tire recommended air pressure 42 PSI. Rubb's tire..aahhh errr hmmmm...20 pounds. :banghead:
Have a look see boyz n girlz yer lives depend on it.:race::fire::eek::confused:

Rubb.

Recommended 42psi? No.

Mine has sat in the garage for most of the last four months. Checked the pressure on it the other day and it was down to 24. Aired it up and went around the block. Still can't ride until I get a new tire.

I'm OCD when it comes to maintenance...that's the army in me I guess...

Here's one of many threads on this subject....

in her rear when i load up some.
:p
Dont forget the chain.Tell yer wife or girlfriend,great stocking stuff for oneself. The grunge brush. 5 bucks on Wish.

Can we clear this up a little bit? What tire pressure SHOULD I be running on this bike? I also read 42/42 and many people go by this and I have been as well. Should I be dropping it lower?

great pressures for a Goldwing:lol:

me personally,I like the mid 30's.........that said....I'm not 2 up or loaded with gear.

Can we clear this up a little bit? What tire pressure SHOULD I be running on this bike? I also read 42/42 and many people go by this and I have been as well. Should I be dropping it lower?

If you have an owners manual or if someone has that little sticker on their swingarm, that tells the recommended tire pressure...It sure ain't 42 psi...that's the maximum pressure..

By the same ideology, look on the side of the tires of your car, the maximum pressures are on there but I can guarantee you wouldn't be running those pressures. The max pressure on my truck's tires are 60psi but the recommended pressure is 40psi.

If you have an owners manual or if someone has that little sticker on their swingarm, that tells the recommended tire pressure...It sure ain't 42 psi...that's the maximum pressure..

By the same ideology, look on the side of the tires of your car, the maximum pressures are on there but I can guarantee you wouldn't be running those pressures. The max pressure on my truck's tires are 60psi but the recommended pressure is 40psi.

I don't wanna walk out and take a pic of the sticker still on my swingarm but Suzuki does recommend 42 and it'll give thre best life of a tire but obviously lower will give you some better grip. I usually try to run 38 rear 36 front when tires are cold in the summer ;)

This is what i got from the service manual stating that it should be 42PSI cold.

Screen Shot 2020-03-23 at 8.44.25 AM.png

Back