Looking for a tank bag for a large phone.

SuedePflow

Registered
It seems that most tank bags out there are made for iPhone's and other tiny phones. I carry a Samsung Note 3 and want a minimalistic type bag too. Something like this:

2011-cortech-micro-tank-bag-black.jpg

Does such a tank bag exist?

That Icon bag is massive though. I'm looking for something very small for only wallet, keys, and cell phone.

Minimal size...big enough to carry 3 things...Go naked and stow it in the hump. Unless your one of those riders that checks his/her phone at every traffic light.

Minimal size...big enough to carry 3 things...Go naked and stow it in the hump. Unless your one of those riders that checks his/her phone at every traffic light.
I use my phone for music and GPS. So I would just need to have it handy for those things.

They make stem mounts that will hold a larger phone.

BigE had one on his bike, and I believe he was using it for GPS maps etc.
I would carry a ziplock baggie with me in case it rained - that is if you ride in the rain. :laugh:

I have the little Givi tank lock bag. No worries on scratching the paint, etc. Just big enough for a phone, some gloves, glasses, etc.

FaceBook Links Do Not Work

Another update:

I ended up buying a Joe Rocket Manta XL tank bag. I cut the stitching for the tiny phone holder on top to remove it and I paid a local seamstress $5 to permanently attach the Shark-Moto case on top. Wha-la! With a small amount of work, I now have exactly what I was looking for. :-) My Note 3 fits nicely inside and there's a little room to grow in case my next smartphone turns out to be a little larger yet.

20140911_153458_zpsa2bd4755.jpg

20140911_153507_zpse01e0f61.jpg

Back