Looking At Getting Another Busa

04 Limited Busa

Registered
I have been away from Busas for over a decade now. Recently had a GSXS 1000F and really liked it. It felt almost as strong as my 04 Busa. I can pick up new 17 left over for under $12k. Tempted to wait on rumored gen 3 in mid 18. Wondering what to do.

If you are a patient bloke , be great to be all set to pick up a Gen 3 when it arrives !! :cool: Whatever configuration it ends up being , pretty sure it will be very good . As Arch stated , the old stock Gen 2 will still be around , and should be even better priced closer to that time .
If you are not a patient bloke , and as your riding season gets closer , grab a Gen 2 bargain and begin your new love affair .... All Gen Busa will be classics someday , so no worries there . Now all the joy of the rides , the mods and individualizing is in front of you ... so patient or not ... a delicious conundrum to find yourself in , I'm guessing you'll know the answer bro !! :rolleyes:

I have been away from Busas for over a decade now. Recently had a GSXS 1000F and really liked it. It felt almost as strong as my 04 Busa. I can pick up new 17 left over for under $12k. Tempted to wait on rumored gen 3 in mid 18. Wondering what to do.

Sounds like a good deal on a new Gen2. Keep in mind that a new 2019 will cost much much more. If I was in the market I'd wait to see what the 20th anniversary 2019 model has to offer. Whether or not it's just what we all want, new and used Gen2s will be way cheaper then also. If you do get that new 2017 model (and) it turns out that the 2019 model is what you really want, getting rid of it will not be the same great deal you got on it.

Sounds like a good deal on a new Gen2. Keep in mind that a new 2019 will cost much much more. If I was in the market I'd wait to see what the 20th anniversary 2019 model has to offer. Whether or not it's just what we all want, new and used Gen2s will be way cheaper then also. If you do get that new 2017 model (and) it turns out that the 2019 model is what you really want, getting rid of it will not be the same great deal you got on it.

5f35a023264a7571ae4ee50c3a04932b--i-dont-always-i-dont-always-meme.jpg

What became of the GSX?
I also have a Streetglide and my wife wanted to ride with me and my daughter that has a Ninja 300. I traded the GSXS 1000 in on a Harley Freewheeler Trike for her. Turns out she did not have the nerve to ride the Trike, so I sold it and took a bath on it. Now I am looking to replace the GSX with a Busa or another GSX. I am leaning towards another Busa even though the GSX was a fast comfortable bike, but still not a Busa.

Really liked the 1000F, especially that color. Surprised you don't see more of them turned into sleepers like that 1200. The K5 motor was a great foundation for mods.

04 Limited Busa , don't wait bro , press the refresh button and go Gen 2 !! Turbine smooth , more grunt than a pig farm , do everything well and value for $ . Really more of the same as your old Gen 1 you obviously hold fond memories off . Great to hear of a full inclusive motorcycling family , those families that play together , stay together ! :thumbsup:

Back