Anyone looking at getting the redesigned Goldwing

I have a 1800 03 wing with close to 300 thousand km yeah I should ride more :rolleyes: zero issues with mine apart from normal services the engines in the wings are built for longevity not for performance IMO they are great for big mile munching the wife asked me the other day are you going to buy the new 18 goldwing which cost here for the DCT TOUR 45 THOUSAND AUD dollars drive away :crazy: I said no because I could not stand having a bike like that and not riding it much At he moment not interested in doing huge miles anymore I do about 300 or 400km on the busa which suits me fine for now to the OP there is lot of nice used 1800 in the states at the moment check them out there pretty good :thumbsup:
Wow!! Google says that’s over 186 thousand miles. You’ve done some riding for sure. The older model is not as good looking as the new one (not that they are ugly either). I know they are super reliable, but there is always that one that has issues and my aunt’s husband bought it. Lol! His is a 2007 and I believe it was 5th gear that went out and he had to pay out of pocket due to the bike’s age, even though it had low miles. I won’t be buying one any time soon, since I just bought a concours 14, but the red 2018 I saw on the showroom floor sure got my attention.

looked at them as well. Maybe for a second bike. next year maybe. way back when I bought a brand new 85 goldwing aspencade when I was in the service. put 50k miles on it in 2 years. rode from so Cal. to Louisiana and back several times. Ive always thought they were the gold standard in touring.

New GW looks much sportier. But I personally can't stand the "Gold Pig" riders who refuse to wave at fellow motorcyclists. That in and of itself rules me out. On a side note I have been looking at Norton's 961 Commando again. I can't get that bike out of my system.

But they weigh EIGHT HUNDRED pounds before you even sit on one.:confused:

My friend's next door neighbor had an early 2000's GW.
He had a habit of dropping it in his driveway.
I helped him pick it back up a couple times.
They Are heavy.
Fortunately, they really don't fall over either.
They just lean a little further than on the kickstand, and lay on the floorboard, at about 45 degrees, lol.

My friend's next door neighbor had an early 2000's GW.
He had a habit of dropping it in his driveway.
I helped him pick it back up a couple times.
They Are heavy.
Fortunately, they really don't fall over either.
They just lean a little further than on the kickstand, and lay on the floorboard, at about 45 degrees, lol.

Lol! They look like a ship wreck rolled over on the side like that. We had to pick up a Rocket III once for a girl who dropped it in a parking lot. That was a heavy sucker! I have helped lift HD's, GW's, etc. but that Rocket was the heaviest by far. Maybe it is the CG or something.

New Gold Wing looks much sportier .

But I personally can't stand the "Gold Pig"
riders who refuse to wave at fellow motorcyclists .

That in and of itself rules me out .

On a side note
I have been looking
at Norton's 961 Commando again .

I can't get that bike out of my system .

New GW looks much sportier. But I personally can't stand the "Gold Pig" riders who refuse to wave at fellow motorcyclists. That in and of itself rules me out. On a side note I have been looking at Norton's 961 Commando again. I can't get that bike out of my system.

Most riders wave here in southern California, even harley boys do. But I remember in Louisiana and Miss. they didn't even if you did.

Back