Local squid accident

300 Feet = 100 yards = 1 Football field.

120 miles an hour is 1 mile every 30 seconds or 5280 feet every 30 seconds.

So he would be moving 176 feet per second. Meaning he would have been airborne for just under 2 full seconds.

If she were traveling at 60 miles per hour (or roughly half his speed) she would have only had 2 seconds at the most to react. He would have traveled 300-ish feet in 2 seconds (over her car). It would take her 4 seconds to travel the same distance. While he is in flight, she travels for the same 2 seconds, meaning when he lands she has only 2 seconds of her distance remaining.

Add in variables like: she was hit by a motorcycle doing 120 mph from behind - giving her some form of acceleration and possible (momentary) loss of control, then add the "I just got hit from behind" look in the rear view mirror reaction - it's possible she never saw him... but assuming she did see him, it was probably for 1 second and a half or less in a panic situation.

I feel more sorry for her than for him.

Hoping he makes it... for both their sakes.

uhhhhh what he said ?
face7.gif

The Texas Mile was last weekend - he could have gone to Goliad & run 200 mph safely.

He rear-ends her, flys over the top of her car and she drives over him.

This shows how twisted I am, but thats just funny.
this comment and theres another on here where someone states they hope he "fugged himself up good" are sickening to hear from another rider....120mph on an open stretch of highway isnt a big deal in my book,theres cars going that fast sometimes and to have someone most likely cut over into his path while probably talking on a cell phone,is not at all in my opinion his fault,yeah,he was speeding but wtf hasnt and if you say you havent then wtf are you rideing a Busa and not a harely if your gonna tell me you are just out cruising.....Karma is a b!tch brotha!!

Yikes, after seeing that car and the bike, I'm surprised he survived...

sad.gif

300 Feet = 100 yards = 1 Football field.

120 miles an hour is 1 mile every 30 seconds or 5280 feet every 30 seconds.

So he would be moving 176 feet per second. Meaning he would have been airborne for just under 2 full seconds.

If she were traveling at 60 miles per hour (or roughly half his speed) she would have only had 2 seconds at the most to react. He would have traveled 300-ish feet in 2 seconds (over her car). It would take her 4 seconds to travel the same distance. While he is in flight, she travels for the same 2 seconds, meaning when he lands she has only 2 seconds of her distance remaining.

Add in variables like: she was hit by a motorcycle doing 120 mph from behind - giving her some form of acceleration and possible (momentary) loss of control, then add the "I just got hit from behind" look in the rear view mirror reaction - it's possible she never saw him... but assuming she did see him, it was probably for 1 second and a half or less in a panic situation.

I feel more sorry for her than for him.

Hoping he makes it... for both their sakes.
I like the way you think.

Physics buff?
umnik.gif

this comment and theres another on here where someone states they hope he "fugged himself up good" are sickening to hear from another rider....120mph on an open stretch of highway isnt a big deal in my book,theres cars going that fast sometimes and to have someone most likely cut over into his path while probably talking on a cell phone,is not at all in my opinion his fault,yeah,he was speeding but wtf hasnt and if you say you havent then wtf are you rideing a Busa and not a harely if your gonna tell me you are just out cruising.....Karma is a b!tch brotha!!
Preach on, Brutha!
thumb_up.gif

I think that there is a test that the police investigator can be performed to see if she did have her lights on. I would bet that she did not have any lights on and that is why he did not see her. If it shows that she did not have her lights on at the time when the lights were broke than I would say that she was partially to almost all her fault that the accident occured. The way that the damaged looked on her car is as if he never seen the car at all. That is why I don't think she not have her lights on. As for her running the motorcyclist over, I agree with most of her she was looking at WTH hit me from behind and never paid attention where she was driving and ran the motorcyclist over.

Preach on, Brutha!  
thumb_up.gif
not preachin bro..

just amazes me one of our own would think like that...

Although it is inappropriate to think that any accident is funny, when people own themselves for any reason, it makes me laugh. Whether they trip on a rock, walk into clean glass, or whatever.....

Point is that when people get owned by themsleves it is funny...... The real question is what really happened. Did the driver have tail lights, was the motorcycle driver not paying attention, did she do a quick lane change?

If it is not his fault, I feel bad for laughing.

Although it is inappropriate to think that any accident is funny, when people own themselves for any reason, it makes me laugh.  Whether they trip on a rock, walk into clean glass, or whatever.....

Point is that when people get owned by themsleves it is funny...... The real question is what really happened.  Did the driver have tail lights, was the motorcycle driver not paying attention, did she do a quick lane change?

If it is not his fault, I feel bad for laughing.
like i said..."karma is a b!tch",i dont laugh at anyones misfortunes and i try not to judge anybody...dont get me wrong,im definately not a saint but I think thats the reason i think this way,cause people will see me doing something or just to look at me since im covered in tattoos and right away judge me like they know me and most times they couldnt be further from the truth.but honestly,i dont really give a fuk what anybody thinks and its only the ignorant who jump to conclusions without knowing the entire story.

so if it makes you feel good to laugh,then laugh on brotha,just dont get upset when you "own" yourself and someone laughs in yourface.

im out on this subject.
thumb_down.gif

I think that you took me wrong.... I laugh at little stuff just the same as most. And just for the record, people laugh at me just the same when I make a mistake. And laughing at someone for owning themselves is not judging them nor have I judged you in any way. I have no clue about you except your name on a board. I assume you are as nice of a guy as the rest, and considering I am tatted and shave my head with multiple piercings, I think I can relate to the idea of others judgings people who look different.

I also find it very hard to believe that you have never laughed at someone who tripped, but what do I know.

Sounds to me like she may have pulled a last second lane change on him. Even if she didn't have her lights on and it was pitch black his lights should have illuminated her back lenses.

Hey DD, glad my comment was one that made you sick. For someone who doesn't give a fuk what people think you sure do type a lot. She should have thrown it in reverse and finished his squid ass off for fuking up her car...hope that comment made you blow chunks all over your keyboard.
puke.gif

And karma doesn't typically bite people in the ass who aren't stupid enough to run 120+ mph with other vehicles around. Funny thing is, if it had been the cage that hit the bike at 120 mph everyone in here would be wanting the drivers head on a silver platter. Yet in this case we have people here trying to make up every damn excuse they can in favor for an idiot squid who REAR ENDED a lady driving along in her car.

The real version of karma would be your wife, daughter, sister or mother getting rear ended by some reckless ******* doing 120 mph in traffic...I wonder if your heart would be bleeding and making up excuses for him then? Thankfully there's no such thing as karma otherwise you'd be in trouble.

I think that you took me wrong.... I laugh at little stuff just the same as most.  And just for the record, people laugh at me just the same when I make a mistake.   And laughing at someone for owning themselves is not judging them nor have I judged you in any way.  I have no clue about you except your name on a board. I assume you are as nice of a guy as the rest, and considering I am tatted and shave my head with multiple piercings, I think I can relate to the idea of others judgings people who look different.  

I also find it very hard to believe that you have never laughed at someone who tripped, but what do I know.
Hmm, Tripping, potential fatal motorcycle accident.....hmmm don't seem to be in same category to me, but that's just me. Until you have actually seen the results of one up close, I guess it is hard to understand for some people.

It is also possible that his impact did some damage to her rear brakes- just a far reach of possibilities.
Also; you are calling him a Squid; was he not wearing gear? since he lived, I can only assume he was at least wearing a helmet. How Squidly was he?

It is also possible that his impact did some damage to her rear brakes- just a far reach of possibilities.
Also; you are calling him a Squid; was he not wearing gear? since he lived, I can only assume he was at least wearing a helmet. How Squidly was he?
ohthedrama.gif

I think that you took me wrong.... I laugh at little stuff just the same as most.  And just for the record, people laugh at me just the same when I make a mistake.   And laughing at someone for owning themselves is not judging them nor have I judged you in any way.  I have no clue about you except your name on a board. I assume you are as nice of a guy as the rest, and considering I am tatted and shave my head with multiple piercings, I think I can relate to the idea of others judgings people who look different.  

Hmm, Tripping, potential fatal motorcycle accident.....hmmm don't seem to be in same category to me, but that's just me. Until you have actually seen the results of one up close, I guess it is hard to understand for some people.
Give me a break, I was not comparing an accident of this nature to tripping.  I was stating that he said he never ever laughs at anyones misfortune..... And that is BS, everyone laughs sometime even if it be innapropriate.  And please don't assume what I have and have not seen in my life.......

Hope he make's it but I feel bad for the driver of the car also.they had no idea what happend until it was too late,looks simalar to what happend in weathersfeild this summer with the busa @ 160 into the car. High speed and traffic don't mix. regardless what happens he was being a jack azz.Just looks bad for everyone on a bike.

Back