gcal gets a taste of racing

gcal

Registered
at the local track (portland international raceway) they had some races today. during lunch they let the squids go out for a taste of racing. 20 bucks 20 minutes of track time all you need to do is pass tech and gear tech.
so i sign up.
let me tell you going down the front 3/4 mile strech at 180 and have to stomp on the brakes to stop for corner one is not easy but its hell of fun.
here are some pics.
ill keep the typing short cause i tired (long day) but i did drag knee in one spot and i did drag toes all over the place.

Picture_242.jpg

way to rail the Busa, gcal! Was that your first time on a track? GREAT pics!

yes first time
i could of been alot faster if i would of only done three things better
going and coming out of corners in the right gear
hitting the gas harder coming out of corners and picking the right lines
maybe next time

gcal,

Glad to hear you had a good time. I'd like to do that one of these days!

Very cool man..just convincing yourself to do some laps on the track takes..well you know...Glad it turned out fun and safe for you... Nice pic's...
tounge.gif

Wow. You really did well for just your first time. Looking at the photos, you could have done track days every week. Nice job.

Wow.  You really did well for just your first time.  Looking at the photos, you could have done track days every week.  Nice job.
thanks alot guys!
every body said i did good my first time out.
i feel like i was wasting time and going slow.
i have ridden faster then that on the street maytimes before.
the reason i went slow i belive was due to me not knowing the track, being super scared (yea i admit it), and after the third lap my lips were sticking to each other due to cotton mouth. it was like 90+ out side and i was there since 7am finally ran at 12;30 (i was just plain tierd, hungry, and hot as hell). i do want to try a track day and then see how i really do.

btw
we only ran 15 laps (29miles) and my gages read 20 mpg for the 20 miles (i reset it when i started). also my bike is ALL stock expect for paint and a 180 tire instead of a 190.
so if you think you need to dump money in the bike think agian this is a fast and well developed bike for the track not just the straight away. i wish i was better prepared and had the day on the track to reall evualuate my skills and what i can really do.

belive i will post up in the future if i go to a track day.
only god knows what he has in store for me............
thanks agian for all the complimants
gcal

in this picture you can see i got a jump on a pack of other riders while on the straight away. the dude all the way to the left, with the green 6rr kawi, cought up to me and blew past me on an outside corner. he scared the crap out of me! i was like what the hell was that. that mo fo was super fast!

this is a nice pic i like it.
wow.gif

also btw jsut for the record.
there was a friend (also a experinced racer) on a stock 04 r1 guiding us around the track and he let me get in front of him before the straight to see how we do neck and neck.
and guess what?
he couldnt catch me down the straight and he also said he had a hell of a run coming out the corner tring to catch me.
tounge.gif

he wants to get a busa agian (he had one before but got rid of it for the r1)

Back