Taste Of Racing at PIR!!!

SpeedGeek

Never Forgotten
So... OMRRA races are held at PIR (Portland Itn'l Raceway) throughout the summer.  During the lunch break they offer "Taste of Racing".  For $20 you get 20 minutes on the track.  Simple tech inspection, but nothing has to be taped off, mirrors are OK etc....

Its a good time for 20 minutes!  I always like the reaction I get afterwards.... especially from those that just got passed on the OUTSIDE by a Busa
laugh.gif

Anyways... thought I'd share! Sorry its a bit blurry...  but you get the idea.  Hopefully I'll get better pics this week.

(WWJD @ Jul. 29 2007,15
super.gif
) holy chrome!  they let you PASS on trial runs?
heh... only on the straights...

unless you're carrying alot of corner speed and just "slip by" on the outside while the control riders aren't around.
AAAssjani.gif

I was never told what defined a straight... so the transition between turn 2 and 3, turn 3 and turn 4, and turn 4-5-6 (you can kinda "straighten between those corners) were all open game in my book.  LOL
laugh.gif

Of course, There was always BLOWING by everyone down the front straight.  I'd be closin on the other bikes IN the corner, so I'd have alot better charge out of the corner and FLY by 'em on he straight.... It made the Busa look even faster... HAHAHA
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

(vman1300 @ Jul. 30 2007,06:46)
(WWJD @ Jul. 30 2007,09:11) yes.... sounds like he's on his way to the addiction
smile.gif
Yep and there is no cure.......
SURE THERE IS! Just keep feeding it, lest you roll over and die.
smile.gif
There's tracks everywhere. There's tracks all over the world! I challenge anyone to ride ALL the tracks on the planet!

smile.gif

(WWJD @ Jul. 30 2007,12:55) SURE THERE IS!  Just keep feeding it, lest you roll over and die.  
smile.gif
 There's tracks everywhere.  There's tracks all over the world!  I challenge anyone to ride ALL the tracks on the planet!
Yep but then ya wanna ride them all over....

Oh I SO want to do track days... but the scheduling is HELL this year with my work schedule.  Track days at PIR this summer are all during the work week and I don't have enough vacation days to take off.

They are repaving PIR in August, so the track has been overbooked this year trying to get in all the racing, etc early this year.

Then, there is the "wife issue"... $$$, potential crashing (*scoff*) etc... and I still have to have the front forks rebuilt/resprung ($600) and ... and...  and...

I'll definately get to do track days next summer. But for now I had to settle for the 20 minutes *siiiiiiiiighhhhhh*

BTW... I was running 1:15's  
AAAssjani.gif
 for laps 4,5 & 6 before dropping off to 1:18-1:20's
The racers are running 1:08-1:12's - on RACE BIKES!  typical track day A riders do 1:10 - 1:18, B group pace is 1:20 - 1:22 and C riders are 1:25 - and slower *YAWN*

My next bike is gonna be more "track friendly" like a Gixxer 1K or 750.

Hey Speed geek....think I have seen you on Bonita or in that area. I live over by Tigard HS.
beerchug.gif

(Thinker62 @ Jul. 31 2007,08:47) Hey Speed geek....think I have seen you on Bonita or in that area. I live over by Tigard HS.  
beerchug.gif
I work right across the street from Home Depot on Sequoia Pkwy. I ride to work on Fridays when work attire and weather permit.

We've met at TWT.... maybe not "officially", but I've had the Busa there... I'm the one that aksed to get get the Wet T-shirt contest rolling last week. My wife rides the Red/White CBR F3.

Here's a couple proofs taken on T9... I hafta order the originals and get them resized (7MB !  
wow.gif
)

These are for the naysayers that a Busa won't corner  
beerchug.gif

072807_IR6X2837.jpg

Seats are over rated - especially in the corners
laugh.gif

072807_IR6X2834.jpg

072807_IR6X2912.jpg

Setting up for traffic in front of me.... so I can BLOW by 'em  
cool.gif

072807_IR6X3116.jpg