Local Riders in MA

Criss123

Registered
I am interested in Purchasing a Hayabusa and being a part of the list. Can anyone local to Woburn Ma contact me and give me recommendations to where a good deal is and what to watch out for if I choose used. Thanks a bunch!!!! Maybe we can go for a ride sometime as well. I currently have a 1983 Honda Interceptor............Soon to be sold to the highest bidder!
eyes.gif
TIA

Welcome to the board. There are a number of members up that way that should be able to help.

My home is in Worcester, MA and I work in Natick, MA (well, till I'm officially laid off the end of next month
sad.gif
).

My bike is a 2003 Busa with the mods listed below. I upgraded from a 2001 Katana 750 and have been riding for over 6 years now with ~15k miles under my belt in total (just over 1400 on the Busa now).

I purchased my Busa from Sky Cycles in Lunenburg (quite a trek from both Worcester and Woburn). They gave a good deal giving me $150 off the MSRP and only a $50 setup fee (most shops around Worcester were $200-$300 and nothing off the MSRP). I recommend Sky Cycles for the purchase, the service can be done at any dealer tho, so don't feel pressured to have to go all the way back out there if you pick one up from them.

As you are upgrading from an older bike, be sure that you are confident enough to handle the Busa... my upgrade was over double the HP with a minimal weight increase. I could handle it and am still surprised at how easy it is to handle considering it's power.

I have no suggestions as to what to look for / watch out for on a used Busa.. that information I'm sure others can supply from this board. I purchased new so I didn't have to worry about it. ;)

Good luck, I love the Busa and you will too if you decide to get one!
cool.gif

Good decission......
Call Justin Donahue at Cycles 128 in beverly MA ,
800 464 CYCLE or cycles128.com

Great Guy to work with tell him (Danny Hirji or Raj Jathar) sent you I paid $9523 out the door.
As far as used rides go......a lot of dudes are selling their rides (Layoffs etc)
Just make sure you look at the bike before you get it, if you know what I mean (Ebay)

Even though I live in NYC I bought my 2002 LE in Boston....Dealers in NYC have a little bit of an attitude I can truely do without...

Best of luck and do post when you do get your ride
Danny

Chriss go to Sky Cycle Lunenburg Right across from Whalom Park see Fred he owns it and he's a friend of mine I got my Busa from him and I'm getting my FJR1300 from him as well mention me he'll steer you right and thats not too far from you in Woburn I used to work in Woburn at Altron.

Trevor

Thanks guys for all the good info. I went to Sky Cyles in Salsbury Ma and Bellerica Motorsports and they both want 9999.00 for one. I also went to the place in Beverly and a guy is willing to deal but he hasn't given me a number yet. I would consider one of those beautiful black on black LE's. That's my fav! But I can't seem to get one new.............
tounge.gif

welcome criss , got my 02 busa as a leftover in woonsocket, RI on the MA line, MTR racing . just picked it up july 6 for 9600.00 out the door they have a silver /grey 02 left also and an a couple 03 left.nice people to work with

Thanks guys for all the good info. I went to Sky Cyles in Salsbury Ma and Bellerica Motorsports and they both want 9999.00 for one. I also went to the place in Beverly and a guy is willing to deal but he hasn't given me a number yet. I would consider one of those beautiful black on black LE's. That's my fav! But I can't seem to get one new.............
tounge.gif
Wow, looks like they're giving 'em away cheap now that the season's over half over.
argue.gif

i spent 9800 for my02 bl/bk busa out the door . if your going to use the dealer you purchase the bike from for service i wouldnt worry about a hundred bucks either way, my dealer gives me a discount for parts and service because i purchased the bike from them. go for it!

HP
drink.gif

Thanks HP Junkie,

Is there any other issues other than the starter recall for the 02's...........Do you know of any significant changes from 02 to 03
rock.gif
?
rock.gif
I know the forks are a different color, but are they more adjustable?
type.gif

rock.gif

criss, just a color coating on the fork legs is all i know, legs are fully adjustable stock settings are good for 185 lbs give or take . havent been sent a recall yet love the busa had the best bike ride yet sat night. 600 miles shes all broke in now had a ninja 900 tryin to play dropped her down 2 gears and good bye
firedevil.gif

HP

super.gif
super.gif

Thanks for all the help guys. I put a down payment on the 02. I am also going to get them to install the case protector and HD starter gear so I won't have any issues ( crossing fingers ) I'm also getting the Akrapovick full system and a PC. Any thoughts to my mods? Please feel free. TIA

super.gif

criss, congrats on your purchase, go easy the first 100 or so the tire will break loose in any gear
wow.gif
akro is a good choice. keep the rubber side down
beerchug.gif

Back