life can suck...................

Enjoy your ride Russ :)

Glad Dad is out of the hospital and doing OK...

via Samsung Galaxy SIII

Sorry Red, I'm not gonna hold back any punches here!
You seem like a guy that has enjoyed life and riding the good ride.
You have done rides that I envy and met more members than most and been to places most of us cannot take the time off to travel.
I know how life can gather debris and pile up more than we think we can handle but That's Life in a nutshell for most of us.
Just know that life tosses us all a different ball and we just have to do our best to try and knock it into the field as best we can. Sometimes we strike out, sometimes we bunt, and other times we hit the home run and win the game.
Bottom line is - We still continue to Play this game of life and hope for a win.
You must count the blessings you have and make those outweigh the things you don't (or want) and remember you still have peeps that care enough to say "Buck UP".
Take care and Ride Safe Bro!
Bubba

russ bud...congrats on the job. next is clear the head. do what is best for you and your family. trust no one. we men of virtue often help those who dont need it and never wanted to improve themselves. They are scam artists. hell bent on preying on the likes of us and our christian beliefs and good will. learn to say NO and force yourself to say YES to you. you have talent at organizing, and have many many SKILLS that are in high demand. you have VALUE way above what you give yourself credit for. CHOOSE to be positive. CHOOSE to ignore the negative. CHOOSE to isolate from the people you thought were your friends. the door is closed. the bank is locked, and the FREE RIDE IS OVER!!! do it for you. do it for your family. the rest can POUND SALT. then once things stabilize. your true friends will be known. ill put in a good word for ya brother, but i got a feeling, you got this.

well I had a good ride and a ok burger.
its amazing how a good ride can change your mood.

and my welder came back home never to leave again! :cheerleader:

im closer to finding my sneak thief. a motorcycle was seen leaving my place. now to narrow it down to just who it was. once I have a good idea who it was, im gonna sic the cops on um. until then the house is on lockdown.
im still dumbfounded that they didn't just clean me out. there are many other things they could have taken but did not. ??? I don't get it.

thanks Chris, I think I do "got this". :beerchug:
it's a hard lesson. I hate getting knocked down. but I get up again. always have.

things around the ol Reddick household are gonna change! Jeff is now on watch, pibble by his side and shotgun in hand. some things in my head are going to change too. I hope to never again deny myself food. I would rather be poor and healthy, than have a buck in my pocket and be sickly.
talking with my Dad, I plan on walking a lot more here in the near future. it will be good for both of us.

in hindsight I should not have called my wife fat. even if she is, its mean and rude an puts out the wrong perception of how I think of her. I do love her very much. we are a team and I don't know what I would do without her.

here is to tomorrow being a better day. :drink:

Sorry to hear about your problems.
Good news that you have got a job.

I know what you mean about friends, I've stopped loaning stuff out and won't lend money as I've been ripped off in the past.
People have given you some good advice in this thread so I've nothing more to add.
Good luck I'm sure it will all work out for you.

Glad things are turning around for you. I try not to preach but prefer to lead my life in a manner that shows others my faith but I have to say I am really glad to hear when you are feeling like you have hit bottom you go for a ride and pray. Prayer is the only thing that works for me when times are tough. It got me off the bottle a year and a half ago when it was getting way out of hand. I will leave it at that. Glad things are turning around for you.

Very sorry to hear this Russ. I've met several of you yahoos here on the org, including yourself. Don't let life change you, we like ya just as you are. :beerchug:

Like everyone pretty much said , we all go through hard times and You WILL get through it ! We are a family here so Vent all you want or need . Good news about the job !! Start locking your doors and you can't be too nice to people , I learned that along time ago . There's a difference of being nice and letting people take advantage of you (that includes family). Don't be to proud to get state medical , food stamps , and cash if you qualify! I needed it for a while when I was broke and thats what it is there for , To help out Americans in Need!! I know you have done alot of good with your tour and I believe in Karma. Keep up the faith brother , sell whatever you need to sell , help out only those that you can help , and let those that can help you , Help YOU! Prayers to you and family.

bankruptcy is a poor idea with ur amount of debt if u were even considering it. u can't write off school loans anyway. u need to start putting money away and maybe this will scare you into doing so. if it was easy most wud be doing so but the fact is its hard so few ppl do. it really isn't hard but its much easier to find an excuse to spend money then save money.

wen I pay my car off I'm gonna start savings, wen I pay my motorcycle off ill start saving, blablabla..... ppl like to jerk themselves off and make excuses why they can't save money but its discipline and nothn else. anyone can put away $50 a week. it might mean no cigarettes or alcohol or frivolous spending but it can be done quite easily week in and week out.

a fool and his money are soon parted is what my father use to tell me. he hit the nail on the head with that statement. life lessons like these are much easier learned by watching others struggle. ur not alone in ur struggle just me. I know many who are far worse off then you and have come back even stronger cause they learned what NOT to do.

this is really sad but we as americans have more credit card dept then savings. at least 50% do I'm sayn. credit cards are EMERGENCY cards. NOT loans. if you can't pay for it with either ur debit card or cash then you can't afford it.

affording something and paying for something are two different things. I cud pay for a new 911 Turbo but I surely can't afford it.

Russ, if ya need a getaway i can get ya the gas to head on down and hang for a weekend. Have us some brisket and burgers. Got a new burger recipe i been thinking up that needs a testing. :p

Its also possible that the company i am working with has some positions up in Wyoming, i know they tried to get me up that way at one point in time... SOmething about WYo folks being weird to non WYo folks lol. If ya want i can call in on that one!!

Let me know what i can do to help ya out brother.

In fact we are already having a BBQ on saturday, eating at 1300. gonna have a Brisket and some chicken thighs, maybe some tenderloin or ribs.. Hmmm and maybe some burgers.

The wife is going to make us have something green also..

in hindsight I should not have called my wife fat. even if she is, its mean and rude an puts out the wrong perception of how I think of her. I do love her very much.

I agree that name calling is not a good thing - HOWEVER everyone knows that being overweight is not healthy and causes a lot of problems.

So - if you say absolutely nothing about her weight - do you really love her? You say nothing and she continues to gain weight, right?
Love might say, I want you to be around for a long time and healthy too so we can grow old together. So eat better and exercise more. You will feel better and I will join you if you want.
It starts with making better choices and adding more everyday.

I believe that exercise and eating right is the closest thing to the fountain of youth. There is no magic pill - it takes hard work but most will agree that it is worth it.
It is not easy. If it was everyone would be thin and in great shape.

I'm telling you this because it is so easy to let 10 years slip behind you and then discover that you should have made some changes 10 years ago. Hope you understand what I'm saying. JMHO

thank you all.

I am 1100mi from home. and it is strange how distance puts a perspective on things.

I am not stressed anymore. although I have other responsibilities to focus on at the moment. but still I can look at my problems 1/2 way across the country with clear mind.

I know what I must do. now I just must have the fortitude to go through with it. there is no easy 1 day fix. but a lifestyle change.

well, until next time.

Reporting live from Dallas

Russ red1100cc
:beerchug:

thank you all.

I am 1100mi from home. and it is strange how distance puts a perspective on things.

I am not stressed anymore. although I have other responsibilities to focus on at the moment. but still I can look at my problems 1/2 way across the country with clear mind.

I know what I must do. now I just must have the fortitude to go through with it. there is no easy 1 day fix. but a lifestyle change.

well, until next time.

Reporting live from Dallas

Russ red1100cc
:beerchug:

Indeed, some time away from the overwhelming weight of it all can help some...

I'm so happy to hear that you're doing better, things are looking up and you have a plan :thumbsup:

Still all here if you need anything Russ!!

:)

Back