Lets see your "Custom" exhaust!

ssg_petty_210

Registered
I just want to get a look at some of the custom exhaust systems you guys and gals had made for your bike. Im not referring to brocks, yoshi pipes, etc. I mean straight up frankenstein, create your own monster exhaust. Please post pics and what you have done.
Here is mine! I had the yoshi rs3's on my bike but they were way to quiet. I wanted a really loud system for the simple fact that loud pipes save lives, and the people here at fort hood just dont know how to drive. I tried numerous tips, and finally found a set of tips I really like. Now I will work on the header. I might have my shop custom make the header using titanium material, but not sure if I will stay with dual, or go to single side exhaust. More likely I will do single. Currently it is dual. Here are the pics. I know not everyone will like it, but some will. I absolutely love the tips I got, love the way they sound because I am now heard and every time I come up on a car or truck, they look at me prior to passing; so they are def doing the job they were intended to do.
377955_304547782900338_100000353565197_1082574_875566115_n.jpg

387900_304548386233611_100000353565197_1082575_1374063663_n.jpg

I have had that same shirt for a long time. But now I have big tube Brocks header backed up by a Bodis slip on the B-King. My kids tell me I am no longer allowed to wear that shirt unless I'm riding the couch rocket (FJR).:laugh:

I'm just starting the "Muffler Gut" project that has been stickied on this forum. It's a little daunting, but if I screw it up, I guess I'll just have an excuse to actually spend the $$$ on some slip-ons!

And if I don't screw up, I'll post some pics :laugh:

I have 14 years riding experience, never been down. I know very well how to ride. You on the other hand good sir, do not know how the people here at Fort Hood drive. I dont care how good you can ride, it just takes one dumb driver in a car to mess you up. I dont know how many times I have heard the "Oh I didnt hear or see you" line. Alot of my soldiers have been hit or had to lay their bike down due to idiot drivers. All I know is that ever since I went LOUD, I havent dealt with people not hearing or seeing me. Thats why I did a bright white paint job, with loud freakin pipes. LOUD PIPES SAVE LIVES.

And yes, I would have to say that is some custom stuff right there. Honestly, that is the best looking exhaust I have ever seen. Love that one. Thanks for sharing that pic.

Yeah I'd say its custom. You modified an exhaust. I love how they look when they car cut shorter. I dont know why yoshi hasnt came out with a set like that.

How does that RS-3 sound cut down like that.I am thinking of cutting mine and lightly packing it.Did it lose any bottm end or back pressure.I like the look of it.

I cut down the stockers and a set of two brothers before the exhaust I have now.
There was also no noticeable change in the bike other than sound.
Neither were loud, just a deeper tone.

SDC11023.jpg

SDC11027.jpg

SDC11046.jpg

SDC10951.jpg

SDC10960.jpg

How does that RS-3 sound cut down like that.I am thinking of cutting mine and lightly packing it.Did it lose any bottm end or back pressure.I like the look of it.

Use all the packing and you'll get a deeper tone with a cut muffler.
If you use little or none it will have a very loud, high pitch raspy sound.
Best bet is to put the inner tube back in the muffler case and tap/push the muffler cap back in. Rev the bike before you rivet the cap back on. You can add/remove packing until you get the sound you want.
I've cut down quite a few on sportbikes over the years and never noticed any change in performance.:beerchug:

Its easy to turn lol. There is back pressure, we made a custom baffle for them. The pipes are really light weight, and you can still get pretty low with them turning. But my bike is stretched so I really dont worry about cutting corners and getting low. I have another gsxr for that kind of riding. But yeah I dont have any issues with these pipes. In fact I only paid 40 bucks for the pipes. I was going to buy some hotbodies megaphone pipes for the gen 2 and put them on my gen 1 since they do in fact fit, but why pay that price, when I can get megaphone tips much much cheaper, and have a better sound in my opinion. I recommend pipes like these to anyone that is looking for a super loud bike. There are many ways to make your own baffle for them for back pressure and sound. Some people make fiber glass packed baffles, where others use just a large washer welded inside the pipe at an angle to create back pressure and sound.

I get my gopro hd hero2 here shortly. When I get that Ill make a good video for everyone. If i use my phone for a video it will sound like poop.

Ti can from a GSXR1k. modified stock header. i actually kept the little flapper valve inside the exhaust functional, i can close it with a lever i attached to the subframe, start it up in stealth mode. cruise through my neighborhood early or late without bugging the neighbors, then open it up for when i'm out.

DSC00664.jpg

Back