Let's help jinkster...

Status
Not open for further replies.

mac760

Registered
I feel bad for him... I understand his suffering and troubles. I've had problems (putting it lightly) since returning from Iraq in '03, but my bike has been my best therapy!

In any event, and I hope I'm not breaking forum rules here, may I request a "Donation" link to help Jinkster out? I'd be willing to bet most of us could probably spare a dollar or two donated to a designated PayPal account for him. I didn't see this idea proposed, so I'm doing so now:goodidea:.

Times are tough for a lot of people. That rifle/scope combo is an awesome deal!:thumbsup: However, given the economy of today and the fact that many people have probably bought their firearms when President Obama took office, I just don't see it selling too soon.

Even though I don't ride a Busa (Honda Xx rider here), this forum is one that I feel comfortable to communicate on and I believe there are a lot of good people here that are members and guests. With that said, is there any way we can help Jinkster out with a charitable donation? I'm not rich, I've been sued by bill collector's recently, I can't do much myself... but if most of us just chip in a little bit, maybe it will be all the difference in the world to this guy and his family's life:angel: Maybe the donations would add up to what Jinkster is already willing/needing to let his rifle monetarily go for.

So, if CAPTAIN or any moderator can set up a PayPal account here, or the like, I'm willing to donate what I can and ALSO donate to this site as well.

I dont want to speak for Captain, but we are no longer allowed to use Paypal to set up raffles. The last time we did this, someone reported us to Paypal and they threatened to close the account because purchasing raffle tickets was against Paypal policy. I think this is a fine idea you have, but someone will have to host the funds and then distribute after the raffle is complete. What kind of rifle/scope combo are you wanting to raffle?
I myself have been a member in need and you guys took care of me when I needed it most, even though I thought I was to proud to admit it. Figure out a way to make it happen. :beerchug:

PS. Someone may wonder why we dont do raffles anymore, its not because we dont want to, we just cant.

Last edited:
Didn't mean to miscommunicate here. Not looking to do any kind of "raffle" for the rifle Jinkster is selling.

Just straight donations into a PayPal account for Jinkster.

I thought about starting the same thing. A 'Lets help Jinkster' thread.
Let me know what I can do as I have done all I know to help him sell the rifle.
Being a gun nut myself I know its diff to part with one.
I have a paypal acct and would be happy to host the funds or we can set one up directly for him if he wants ?

A bank account can be set up at any National Bank for any person and then with a proper routing number money can be deposited for that person/cause. :beerchug::thumbsup:

A bank account can be set up at any National Bank for any person and then with a proper routing number money can be deposited for that person/cause. :beerchug::thumbsup:

If it happens that would prolly be best cuz paypal charges fees...

Ok, I'm still waiting to see what will happen with the land being sold. If it sold this week , I was going to take Jinksters FN. But nothing yet . I will know more tomorrow.( but dont wait on me).. Even if he sells it he'll probably still need some extra Green for bills etc But I'd be happy to help donate , he is our Busa Brother.. Let me know...

Holy Cow...or should i say?...HOLY HAYABUSA!....i just got off work this evening when i called Saiid to ask him if i should try to sell the swarovski scope seperately since the bidding on my rifle on gunbroker is so dismal..i can't believe i'm willing to take a $600+ dollar azzwhoopin for putting just a box of 20 rounds through this killer rifle scope combo but i guess everybody is hurtin these days as i haven't recieved a single bid (btw the reserve is set at $1,400 as advised by Saiid since it's listed on his gunbroker account) and that's when Saiid (Blanca Busa) informed me of this thread and i couldn't wait to get home to see and read...and it's yanking at my tears as i'm literally struggling to keep the lights on here and staying in close contact with my mortgage company to hopefully prevent any foreclosure action.

On the brighter side?..I attended my 1st NA meeting last night..pretty emotional evening for me...messed up bad when i had 17 teeth pulled for full dentures and had 3 months worth of scripts for painkillers...withdrawls hurt...bad...just got off the phone with Sleeper_Red...whadda guy man..him and Saiid...you all...restoring my faith in humanity...lifts my spirits just to know there's still some folks out there willing to help out a man down.

Thank you all so much...even the just the thoughts and prayers...

I'm Blown away...ya'll rock :thumbsup: :bowdown: ...L8R, Bill. :cool:

I know times are tough...but wouldn't mental support be the best avenue?

Last edited:
If it happens that would prolly be best cuz paypal charges fees...

If you click on the "Gift" button they charge nothing. So, if Jinkster has a PP account and wishes to share it peeps could basically anonymously donate whatever $ they want by make sure they send it as a "gift" and not a payment for goods or services.

I havn't been on the org much the last month or so, so I don't know what all is going on with Jinks, but if he needs some help, I'll make a donation. Jinks, post up your paypal addy so we can help you a little.

Takeuon, I see your point and believe it to be a good one. Yeah, there are plenty of people out of work, and plenty who work and can't pay bills for whatever reason. And I know we can't 'save the world.' However, that being said, it's just my opinion that we should help this particular guy (Jinkster) out mentally and monetarily. This is why I feel this way:
1. "The squeaky wheel gets the oil." This guy aint just squeak'n, he's squeeling and crying out for help!
2. This guy has practically laid his heart and soul out on this forum about his personal troubles. That tells me that he considers all of you family (I guess in a technological sort of way), and would probably do what he could for us too.
3. How many posts/threads has Jinkster added to this org? Did any of it not enhance your interest, entertainment, maybe educate you in some way??
4. He needs a set amount of money. While his need is too much for probably 99% of us to just individually donate to him, I'm willing to bet most of us could donate a little something which I'm sure could quickly add up to what he needs to just get him through this tough time. This isn't welfare, this is simply "family" helping "family." We can do this!
5. I may be mistaken, but isn't Jinkster a former US Marine? If he served, that in and of itself is good enough for me!

:please:Somebody that has the authority, please strongly consider setting a tab or something up on this site so that we can help this guy and his family out in their time of need.

"So, if Jinkster has a PP account and wishes to share it peeps could basically anonymously donate whatever $ they want by make sure they send it as a "gift" and not a payment for goods or services."
Thanks JDSBusa:thumbsup:... now we're getting somewhere!

I havn't been on the org much the last month or so, so I don't know what all is going on with Jinks, but if he needs some help, I'll make a donation. Jinks, post up your paypal addy so we can help you a little.

I just sent him a text and asked him to do so.
Not sure if hes still awake or not but I'm in. Not the richest guy in the world in fact I think I'm only a couple rungs higher on the ladder than him but yes hes bummed and I could see it in his face and hear it in his voice.

Hey folks...firstly?..i'm overwhelmed by the good samaritan spirit demonstrated here by yes..what i have considered to be my 2nd family for the past 5 years here..and yes..i am a former US Marine...but have had some serious downs the past year or so...before that?..i did my best to participate and help folks out here and even attended a couple busa bashs years ago when things were better for me and got to meet and ride with many here...and upon returning from my first busa bash posted up my "Jinkster Attacks Suspension" thread cause so many had so many questions while at the bash regarding proper suspension set-up..anyways..

2ndly...Saiid texted me late last night after i already hit the sack and informed me of the intentions here but i never had a PP account so after speaking with him this morning i raced home for lunch to try an open one up and did..Saiid said i just hafta post up my email addy which is attached to the PP account so here it is...

deathgrip34953@yahoo.com

tryin desperately to save whats left of my home and life and once i get straight here i promise i will try an find a way to repay you all for your overwhelming kindness cause even though i feel bad about this?..it's no time for pride..i'm tryin ta save my home here so i can keep a roof over my familys head..and thank you all so very much..sincerely..Bill.

PS..I report back here latter this evening as i gotta hurry back to work right now..l8r, Bill.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back