Lets be honest...

About 150 with the wife on the back... no wheelies... but we did about drag knees on some corners too! It was when I had first purchased the bike.. well, in the first few months anyhow~ When we got to our destination she got off and said.. "Did you know the back tire was slipping on the corners?"...
wow.gif
opps~ Now she has her own Busa and does 150(+/) and hits them corners hard all on her own!
biggrin.gif

Funny - y'all get the "nudge" it means SLOW DOWN.  
wow.gif

I get the "nudge" it means SPEED UP!
tounge.gif
cool.gif

I've had the wife up to 170mph indicated.

When we do twisties she likes to stick her arms out
like she's flying.

I've had several people compliment me on my speed
with her on the back.
thumbs-up.gif

Revlis, GJoker & LadyHawk can confirm I don't ride
any slower with her.

Heck on time I was taking it easy and when we got to
the reststop (HESS @ SR50) She said what's
the point of having the fastest bike if you're going to
ride in the rear?!
blush.gif

Back when I owned the best motorcycle ever made ('94)
Some dude on a ZX-11 tried to take us on Ehron's Cutoff.
Didn't happen . . . Held him off the whole way. 1st time
I EVER scraped pegs & can with a passenger!

pirate.gif
Raider out.

<!--EDIT|RaiderDm
Reason for Edit: "1450"|1153484238 -->

My girlfriend is fairly uncomfortable on the back of the busa, she much prefers the cruiser. That being the case I haven't taken her too fast, maybe 70-80ish on occasion. I've done a brief jaunt up to 120 or so with my brother on the back. His response - "I've gotta get me one of these things!"

whatever they ask for   they are my responsibility so I'll never go overboard, something I or them can't handle
wink.gif

highest w/passenger is needle on 170 or close so around 150

<!--EDIT|onerabidshark
Reason for Edit: None given...|1153488780 -->

I went 160 2 weeks ago with a hot 20 yr. old blond hottie (her x-boyfriend used to have a busa) that my neighbors kid is friends with.
She loved every minute of it and so did I.
Couldn't get her on the boat thiough...

i think the max i have been with my wife is about 120 or so, but the bike was lowerd so i didnt feel comfortable to go very fast, a few times with her on the back i bottomed out, i will be raising the bike back up to stock hight soon, and i guess i wouldnt really go any faster than 120-140 with her on the back....

I've gone about 160 indicated on a straight and about 110 through twisties with a passenger that knew how to lean with the turn.

I have be in the 140 indicated rage with wife on the back. I have complete trust in her on the back and she has the same.

We have been riding together for 16 years, our 1st date was on my old GSXR.

She enjoyed the corners nearly as much as I do and dosent move around unless I slide to the side.

I finally have her moving with me as I shift to the side of the bike, maybe some we can get a shot 2 up bith knees down.

<!--EDIT|vman1300
Reason for Edit: None given...|1153492875 -->

r1forumkb2.JPG

OK please no flaming he asked and you would do it to one of your guy friends racing him on his bike to top end so here it goes. She was 185 indicated on back once. She didnt like it not cause it was to fast but because with me tucked the helmet was trying to pull her head off she said she couldnt turn it in a good direction to keep the wind out of it. Basically 5th gear redlined shifted into 6th and let off. She loves wheelies most of the time unless I start riding with guys thats all they want to do then we just watch but a handful a day she loves. Fastest wheelie hard to tell but 4th gear I think speedo went to 130 or so with her on back front tire was up for a while and was stopped so when it came down it chirped and smoke came off. She really likes the twisties and will move over on the seat with me as we go through them but I have warned her about putting her knee out. She rides her own snowmobile and I offered her my GSXR1100 when I bought the Busa she would be a great rider but she says she would rather ride with me. Sometimes she doesnt feel like wheelies or going fast etc just isnt in the mood (very rare) and I just calm it down for a ride.

On the same not eon long rides when I start to feel her getting to relaxed on back(resting on me to much) I will slip forward on the seat and if she falls forward she knows she is not holding up enough of her weight. But Yes on the nudge got to respect the nudge. How great it is to go riding with your GF or wife and she loves to do the same things you do. My daughter on the other hand only sees around 65 and I avoid the highway. Maine is much more rural so I dont have as many issues with traffic etc as most of you. But she has ridden with me for so long she loves it. When I ride with my friends she is always asking why we ride out back we are the fastest LOL One time riding with a friend she asked "how big is his bike" I said a 600 (600 Katana) she said "ours is twice as big right" I said yes she said "we are faster right" I said yes much faster..... She looks over at him and gives the guy the loser sign you know the L on the head thing and says haha we are faster hehehehehehehehe

My passenger has seen 80 on highways to clear cages when passing, and 100 or so once or twice to get away from someone creeping up. I really hate cages that follow too close. She gets the double tap on left leg and knows we are going to jet. She doesn't mind it at all. I'm sure she'd be good all the way to the limiter. I guess it's the fatherly thing that allows me to keep somewhat in check.  
wink.gif

She has leaning down in twisties but doesn't like the increased lean angles on tighter turns. She's still learning as we eat away at the chicken strips!
smile.gif

Wheelies... aahhh, NO

<!--EDIT|PDBusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1153501518 -->

smile.gif

Okat, not really. I'll do about 150 max because I know they are not used to the excessive wind. I require their amrs/hands locked around me. When I reach down to check to make sure their hands are locked on my stomach, they KNOW we are gettin on it

Funny - y'all get the "nudge" it means SLOW DOWN.  
wow.gif

I get the "nudge" it means SPEED UP!
tounge.gif
cool.gif

I've had the wife up to 170mph indicated.

When we do twisties she likes to stick her arms out
like she's flying.

I've had several people compliment me on my speed
with her on the back.
thumbs-up.gif

Revlis, GJoker & LadyHawk can confirm I don't ride
any slower with her.

Heck on time I was taking it easy and when we got to
the reststop (HESS @ SR50) She said what's
the point of having the fastest bike if you're going to
ride in the rear?!
blush.gif

Back when I owned the best motorcycle ever made ('94)
Some dude on a ZX-11 tried to take us on Ehron's Cutoff.
Didn't happen . . . Held him off the whole way. 1st time
I EVER scraped pegs & can with a passenger!

pirate.gif
Raider out.
That's ironic,  Ehren Cutoff is where I broke the bike in using motoman's method - "ride it like you stole it".  3rd gear up to 8-9k and let it engine break down before the next corner.  

Anywhere else around there and you always have LE w/in a mile of you.  I believe there's 3 sherrif stations all w/in a 5 miles of each other. You sure that wasn't the HESS @ SR 52?

BTW, the wife won't ride w/ me...YET. She would be fine if I did not want her to, but she wants me to have more experience with this bike before she hops on, which I fully agree with.

Later, Raider.

<!--EDIT|Over_Easy
Reason for Edit: None given...|1153504080 -->

It's the Hess at SR50.. it's under contruction.. or destruction right now~ At least it was when I went through a few weeks ago~ You can believe the LE is all over Erhen Cutoff... notice the white stipes in the road next time through there... then look up in the sky~ They got us there that way~
wink.gif

fast... and wheelies... not smart though. i stopped carrying passengers now because i ride too hard to want to be responsible for someone else.

Back