learning experiences

card16969

Registered
So my father was a tool and die maker for 35 years and well now that hes retired ive been bugging him to start teaching me how to do some metal working. Well with him the teaching consists of heres the tool you do this with it and here ya go haha. So today i decided since i didnt feel very good but still wanted to do something that i would dig through the scrap pile and find some metal and make a tag bracket. So an hour and a half later i had figured out how to set the welder up on my own (i can barely stick things together have never really had someone teach me how to weld), cleaned off the shear and made my measurements and heres what i came up with. Nothing like saving $70 lol, tomorrow it will be sand blasted again and powder coated black to match everything else.

2012-07-07_22-54-08_833.jpg

2012-07-08_00-02-42_988.jpg

2012-07-08_00-02-56_672.jpg

2012-07-08_00-03-04_753.jpg

Good job:thumbsup: now don't forget to adjust the slack out of your chain:rulez:

From my dunce stool :cookoo:

Good job:thumbsup: now don't forget to adjust the slack out of your chain:rulez:

lol oh its actually nice and loose even though it doesnt look it in the pic you can move the rear tire all over the place, its a Vortex Steel 42t

Card, check your local laws. A light may save you some hassle if you ride any at night. Most states require the tag to be lit at night.

Card, check your local laws. A light may save you some hassle if you ride any at night. Most states require the tag to be lit at night.

local law states anywhere except stock location is illegal so even if i put lights on it its still illegal, my dad even pointed it out and laughed saying whats the point of putting lights on it and hes a stickler for being legal lmfao

Nice work! Must feel good making it yourself. Keep it up!

thanks and yeah it does, so far ive done everything on the bike except the tune and we start painting tomorrow and i have a feeling my stepdad is going to make me do the actual paint so that i keep learning

Back