Landing gear

dewie

Registered
Hey guys,
well it's been a long long time since I posted on here, and I'm soo glad to be back on the org again. Just a quick background on me, I had a 05 busa and in 2009 I was on a 4 day bike trip and was 10k from home and a gravel truck turned in front of me with no brake lights or signal lights so I did a endo into him and broke a whole pile of bones and was lucky to live thru the night, but I ended up paralyzed from armpits down.

So the only way I could see riding again was getting a Canam Spyder and make a few modifications and I'm riding again. 10months after my wreck I was riding again which was a great feeling, but the feeling didn't last long. I really miss riding a real bike and leaning into corners. Plus I hate most the guys on Spyderlover.com lol.

I'm seeing more guys use klicktronic shifters and landing gear for stabilizing the bike while it's stopped. Anybody here rig up a Busa for a disabled rider? I think I'll lose my mind if I can ride a busa again, I love them so much.

Talk to skydivr, he knows someone from the track that has the same issues with electronic outriggers.

Man, welcome back and I am very sorry about the accident. At least you are riding again. Glad to see you posting.

:welcome: back! it's great to hear from you and to know you have been able to ride again, albeit on three wheels instead of two for the time being...i'm sure there are systems out there that are going to help you get on two again

thanks for the warm welcome back guys, the org is filled with cool guys always willing to help. I missed it here, and miss my busa. I KNOW it's possible but I was wondering if anyone out there has landing gear like this guy (
Accessible Motorcycle with Landing Gear Paraplegic-Second Go - YouTube[/url] ) has.

I just dont want to be the first guy to try to modify a busa. But I will if I have to.

I can't find landing gear like in the youtube video out there, any idea where to start?

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks for the warm welcome back guys, the org is filled with cool guys always willing to help. I missed it here, and miss my busa. I KNOW it's possible but I was wondering if anyone out there has landing gear like this guy (
Accessible Motorcycle with Landing Gear Paraplegic-Second Go - YouTube[/url] ) has.

I just dont want to be the first guy to try to modify a busa. But I will if I have to.

I can't find landing gear like in the youtube video out there, any idea where to start?

Just in case you haven't seen this one.
The setup should be basically the same on a Busa, just with a little trimming to the undertail plastic.
I hope it works for you, and I Really respect and admire your dedication.:beerchug:

landing gear how to video - YouTube[/url]

Last edited by a moderator:
sir.....i respect you and admire your determination..what you speak of is exactly what i have thought i would do if it ever came to that in my life...

Welcome back.
Sorry to hear about your accident, and hope you are soon back on two wheels. Big respect to you.

Welcome back, SO sorry to here about this and I am glad you are still with us. I sure hope everything works out for you. Great attitude. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Ya know you don't have to ride a busa to be around here... We need guys like you with go gettum attitudes for sure... Is there anything that we can do for you?

wow thanks guys! I'm very humbled by your posts. It is a hard road doing rehab and learning your "new" body, but the day after I swore I would ride again, and anybody that is passionate about anything gets back doing the things they loved. You guys would do it too, but I pray none of you guys get laid up. I think it's easier getting back to it cause the accident wasen't my fault, and riding was such a huge part of my life.

I spent 5 months in hospital and during that time me and my dad (my biggest supporter) wrote off 2 wheels and thought a Spyder would be the way to go, and easy to modify. And it was, but the passion was not there, it's like showering with your socks on... just never felt right.

I've been talking to schools and other groups to let people know anything can happen at any time, I've been trying to talk to students at my local Motorcycle training school but the instructer is igorning me. See, I had full gear on (Alpinestar boots, 2 piece leather suit and gloves, and I just sold my ****ty HJC bucket for a SHoei RF1000 just before the trip) So just keep in mind you can wash away sweat, road rash or your life are things you can't get back by taking a shower.

So thanks Red1100 that link is what I'm looking for, the dual brakes they sell are a great mod. Pricey but worth it. I'm looking for a reliable company that makes landing gear if you guys come across something please let me know. I'm not a fan of some guy selling half a landing gear set up out of his garage, cause if it fails there is no warrenty and I'm not laying over and more busa's in my lifetime.

Back