My wheelchair accessable Busa

dewie

Registered
Hey fellas. It’s been a while since I posted on here. In 2009 I was on my 05 Busa and got cut off by a large gravel truck with no signal lights. I was paralyzed from my armpits down instantly. I came back and bought a 07 and with the help of a friend built a slick landing gear set up. I’ve had the bike for a while now and finally took a video of how it works and rides. Going to be selling it at the end of the season and hanging my helmet up but wanted to show off the bike before that happens. Attached are 3 videos we took and hope you enjoy. We just used my dads hand held camera and audio was through the Sena head set, that’s why I’m wearing the helmet while talking.

Don’t feel bad for me hanging my helmet up. I’ve been on a bike since I was 6 months old with my dad, my own dirt bike since 5 and always had dirt bikes till I was old enough to get my license for the streets. I feel proud and fortunate I am one of the few bikers who can come back from a accident and hang my helmet up on my own terms not someone else’s. I’m ready to say goodbye to a life and hobby I loved so much.

There are more idiots out there then ever and getting older I’m not willing to risk it anymore. When I was in the hospital there where 5 other bikers in my situation and not one of them was their fault, it was someone in a cage. Just don’t enjoy it to the level I used to, and I’m sure when I go on my last ride it will be emotional but it’s time. Everyone has their time and in a month it is mine. Thanks for all the love everyone.

Hey fellas. It’s been a while since I posted on here. In 2009 I was on my 05 Busa and got cut off by a large gravel truck with no signal lights. I was paralyzed from my armpits down instantly. I came back and bought a 07 and with the help of a friend built a slick landing gear set up. I’ve had the bike for a while now and finally took a video of how it works and rides. Going to be selling it at the end of the season and hanging my helmet up but wanted to show off the bike before that happens. Attached are 3 videos we took and hope you enjoy. We just used my dads hand held camera and audio was through the Sena head set, that’s why I’m wearing the helmet while talking.

Does anyone know if this is still for sale? I’m a paraplegic 2 years out of my accident but ready to get back on 2 wheels!

:welcome: to the show @Beachbum251 you have found an' awesome collection of people and Busa fanatics.

Does anyone know if this is still for sale? I’m a paraplegic 2 years out of my accident but ready to get back on 2 wheels!
Dewie's bike is still for sale. :thumbsup: Send me a PM or email. If you would like to talk to the man directly faster than thru this site hit me.
There's another more recent thread where @dewie and a few others where's talking about this bike. I believe @rubbersidedown can get in contact with the owner.
That's good lookin' out Dopey. :thumbsup: Thank you. :bowdown:
Rubb.

Hey guys. It’s been a minute since I was last on here. I still say this is the best bike/car club and best members around. Miss you guys.

I just wanted to say the bike is still adapted for a rider who is disabled. I’ve been trying to find someone who is interested to buy it and continue their journey. But it’s been 3 years and I still have it and I’m at the point I’m going to rip off all the modified equipment and sell it to a able bodied rider.

l went through a lot fine tuning this bike and years working out the gremlins and it works great. So I’m sat last time listed it was $15k CAD. Now I’m gonna say I’m open to reasonable offers if anyone is interested.

I don’t come on here a whole bunch but if you PM and I don’t answer within a day or two maybe my old buddy Rubbetsidedown would be a middle man if your still on here frequently. (Love ya brother ;)

There’s a lot of extras that come with it.

Hey guys. It’s been a minute since I was last on here. I still say this is the best bike/car club and best members around. Miss you guys.

I just wanted to say the bike is still adapted for a rider who is disabled. I’ve been trying to find someone who is interested to buy it and continue their journey. But it’s been 3 years and I still have it and I’m at the point I’m going to rip off all the modified equipment and sell it to a able bodied rider.

l went through a lot fine tuning this bike and years working out the gremlins and it works great. So I’m sat last time listed it was $15k CAD. Now I’m gonna say I’m open to reasonable offers if anyone is interested.

I don’t come on here a whole bunch but if you PM and I don’t answer within a day or two maybe my old buddy Rubbetsidedown would be a middle man if your still on here frequently. (Love ya brother ;)

There’s a lot of extras that come with it.
I seen your add on kijji I'm from sask, the price is just too high I understand the mods that have been done etc, but i picked my 05 for under $4000 with 22,000 km. Gen 1's just aren't worth anything plus factor in crazy expensive insurance it's just not visible.

No I get first gens are lower then 2ends. But is your 05 built with well over $5k of mods and built for market that can’t use their legs and CAN’T ride 2 wheels at all and there are zero bikes like it for sale most likely in the world?

There a no other sport bikes out there modified for disabled riders who thought their riding days are over. I get your not in that market and it’s not a vast market of people looking for something like this. All black premium edition black frame bikes with just over 10,000km alone is more desirable out there than most anyways.
I just looked in Alberta on Kijiji and there’s multiple first gens from mild mods to heavy mods for over $8k.

So you can compare a new mini van is $40ish. A Wheelchair accessible mini van new is $80k CAD and up. It takes time and money and lots of machine shop hours to build this stuff and not trying to sell for OEM prices.

I’m glad you purchased a bike and are happy with the price but until you are disabled and can’t ride please dont compare my bike to stock bikes prices. In my post I said I was open to reasonable offers and was not fixed to the asking price.

Be safe out there and watch out for cagers so you don’t need stuff like this.

Back