Keep the idle adjusted

05 Busa LE

Donating Member
Registered
So, I'm no maintenance wizard, and living in the city without my own garage, it's tough to do my own maintenance. But the idle on my '05 had dropped to about 900 rpm, and not wanting to feel embarrassed by taking it to the dealer, I decided to do it myself in my condo's parking lot. After looking at the maintenance manual, not only was it a simple, 5-minute task (using only the tools that come with the bike), but the bike immediately RAN better. That is, accelerating and shifting became easier and smoother because the revs were not dropping below where they should be (which was causing a lull in the performance). 1,150 from now on!

Keep an eye on it. I adjusted mine (06LE) about a month ago to 1200 and it's now back down to 900. Someone suggested using some loctite...<span style='color:blue'>blue</span> I believe.

Turn it much higher and then idle it back down to 1200. (free)
tounge.gif

Keep an eye on it. I adjusted mine (06LE) about a month ago to 1200 and it's now back down to 900. Someone suggested using some loctite...blue I believe.
[/QUOTE]
Nope,,,,,set it at 3000K and use the RED stuff!!
biggrin.gif

I need to write a will. I just adjusted my idle. When I go on long trips I keep a long screwdriver in my tankbag just for idle adjustment if I would need to do it.

You can use the BLUE or GREEN Loctite....never RED on the idle adjustment
biggrin.gif

Set it to 1200-1300
wink.gif

Keep an eye on it.  I adjusted mine (06LE) about a month ago to 1200 and it's now back down to 900.  Someone suggested using some loctite...blue I believe.
Nope,,,,,set it at 3000K and use the RED stuff!!
biggrin.gif
[/QUOTE]
Man, you must not like that guy. Hey, group buy on insurance on him!!!!!!

When I go on long trips I keep a long screwdriver in my tankbag just for idle adjustment if I would need to do it.
Good idea, but the tools that come with the bike are enough ... 4 bolts and the seat's off and the tank's tilted back ... then adjust the idle with the phillips that comes with the set!
I think he is referring to making the idle adjustment like some of us do......if you know where the scew is, you can reach it with a long flat head screw driver between tank and frame without removing anything......piece of cake.

When I go on long trips I keep a long screwdriver in my tankbag just for idle adjustment if I would need to do it.
Good idea, but the tools that come with the bike are enough ... 4 bolts and the seat's off and the tank's tilted back ... then adjust the idle with the phillips that comes with the set!
I think he is referring to making the idle adjustment like some of us do......if you know where the scew is, you can reach it with a long flat head screw driver between tank and frame without removing anything......piece of cake.
Can somebody post up a pic of that? Removing crap on the bike is a pain! I'd rather do it that way! LOL!

Since so many people say to do this... I'll do it. I'm even going to get the kickstand mod done!

I'm born again!!!

I know what you mean ... turning the "curled" adjustment screw/knob with a long, flat screwdriver. Figured that if I did it with the tank up the first time, then I'd know what I was lookin' for when I search between the tank and frame ... or ... as someone else suggested, you can see the adjustment screw when you remove that white rubber insert in the frame, which is located just about where your right knee is when you're sitting on the bike with your feet on the ground.

Back