adjusting idle

extensive

Donating Member
Registered
how do i adjust the idle? my bike is stalling when i pull in the clutch sometimes and i think its just dropping to low of an idle. i downloaded the shop manual and it said 1150 +- 50 i believe... it is around 900.

the pic says there should be a dial right by the oil crankcase lid... i dont see anything. do i need to take my fairing off?

The shop manual that we have here online is for a 99-00 model...for a 05 you have to raise the tank and adjust the set screw on the right side of the throttle bodies. Once you've done it once and know where it is...it is possible to adjust it with a long skinny screwdriver.
all_coholic.gif

Book calls for 1050-1150 rpm...but it is better to be on the high side 1150-1200
super.gif

you can order the parts for the idle adjustment mod from vman1300...makes it much easier to fine tune it
beerchug.gif

pic of where the adjustment mod comes out on my bike

IMG_0858__Medium_.JPG

(semi @ Aug. 21 2007,17:38) you can order the parts for the idle adjustment mod from vman1300...makes it much easier to fine tune it
beerchug.gif

pic of where the adjustment mod comes out on my bike
+1 on mod and Vman.

Took 5 minutes to install and LOVE it.

Any idea why they changed that? I have an '00 and I don't really understand why they took idle adjustment nob off on models following. Almost seems it would be the other way around.

Back