Idle speed adjustment

NormusMaximus

Registered
This may be a simple thing, amd I am sure it will be, but I just bought my first hayabusa last weekend and at 80 or so degrees outside at operating temperature it idles just under 1k. Correct me if I am wrong, but shouldn't it idle a little over 1100 or so? if so, where should I be looking to do so. Thanks, all.

welcome to the boards.
beerchug.gif

around 1100- 1200.  long screw driver down the right side of the tank. between the frame & tank. or remove the seat, lift the tank and the adjustment is right there.

post-52-02136-welcome.gif
aboard!

Please hop on over to the New Owners forum and introduce yourself - oh, please don't forget the pics! We have
post-52-02162-rulez8bn.gif
here.

(rockadaous @ May 07 2007,23:50) welcome to the boards.
beerchug.gif

around 1100- 1200. long screw driver down the right side of the tank. between the frame & tank. or remove the seat, lift the tank and the adjustment is right there.
Yep.

Or, if you have an early model, 99-00, there should be an idle adjuster just above and to the right of the oil fill cap.

There is also a round rubber plug next to your right knee when you are sitting on the bike. If you remove the plug and insert A screwdriver through that hole rotating clockwise, it will increase your idle speed as well.
Welcome to the obsession
beerchug.gif

(omslaw @ May 07 2007,22:13)
(rockadaous @ May 07 2007,23:50) welcome to the boards.
beerchug.gif

around 1100- 1200.  long screw driver down the right side of the tank.  between the frame & tank.  or remove the seat, lift the tank and the adjustment is right there.
Yep.

Or, if you have an early model, 99-00, there should be an idle adjuster just above and to the right of the oil fill cap.
You can purchase that remote adjuster from the dealer for about $40. It consists of a cable, turn knob and bracket that bolts right up to the frame as Suzuki has retained the threaded bolt/bracket hole in all later models.

(rockadaous @ May 07 2007,21:50) welcome to the boards.
beerchug.gif

around 1100- 1200.  long screw driver down the right side of the tank.  between the frame & tank.  or remove the seat, lift the tank and the adjustment is right there.
HI guys!

1st time poster here...

I have an '05 and my idel seems a little low too...around 900 or so... anyone have a pic of where it is?

TIA.

Dave

Vette: If you look on the right side by where your right knee would sit, you'll see the round plug everyone is talking about. if you look through the little gap thats between the frame and the tank, you can see inside there to where the adjustment screw is sitting.

(MoosesBusa @ May 07 2007,23:16) There is also a round rubber plug next to your right knee when you are sitting on the bike. If you remove the plug and insert A screwdriver through that hole rotating clockwise, it will increase your idle speed as well.
Welcome to the obsession
beerchug.gif
Huh?

--Wag--

Back