Keep the idle adjusted

Use your flashlight to see the screw better.
Careful....You have a screwdriver hanging out of your bike!  
tounge.gif
post-24-57523-100_1154__small_.jpg
Where did you get those frame sliders? They look awesome. Do they work very well being that high up?
jump9.gif

Look out Pandemic is going to do the kickstand mod after adjusting his idle, and next thing you know he'll be doing the Hump Grab Bar Mod
smile.gif

Easist fix is buying the idle adjustment screw set up from a 2000 busa and it brings the adjuster out where you can reach down anytime you want and adjust no screwdriver no removing plastics and no locktight .for some reason after 2001 they did away with it and made it shorter.. Did mine and love it ..

Idle fluctuation was driving me crazy.  Went to the local cycle salvage removed an idle screw from a 1980's series bank of mikuni's and then welded or you can even JB weld it to the Hayabusa screw.  Now I can adjust it at the stop light.
See the photo.

IM005768.JPG

(brad @ Sep. 11 2006,18:29) Idle fluctuation was driving me crazy.  Went to the local cycle salvage removed an idle screw from a 1980's series bank of mikuni's and then welded or you can even JB weld it to the Hayabusa screw.  Now I can adjust it at the stop light.
See the photo.
This is what a stock 2000 busa on a 05le setup looks like bolts right up

DSC03629.JPG

Did mine two weeks ago, can't believe the difference highly recommended. Thanks for the screww adj tip

yea all the bikes i work on i adjust their idle for them. just as a peace of mind.

Back