Idle adjustment

hillbilly

Registered
Can't believe I have to ask this question. Where is the idle adjustment screw? What is the easiest way to get to it?
Also can someone describe the clip that is holding the top of the right fairing panel. It felt like I could pull it up and unhook it but I didn't want to screw up any clips. Does the panel that sits against the tank come off with the fairing?

Lift tank...screw w/ spring on right side

Pull panel up...

guns.gif

(hillbilly @ Apr. 15 2007,10:00) Can't believe I have to ask this question. Where is the idle adjustment screw? What is the easiest way to get to it?
Also can someone describe the clip that is holding the top of the right fairing panel. It felt like I could pull it up and unhook it but I didn't want to screw up any clips. Does the panel that sits against the tank come off with the fairing?
yes, it is screwed to the fairing. hehehehehe, i said screwed.
jump9.gif

Once ya know where the idlescrew is you can adjust with a long screwdriver and a flashlight without lifting the tank.

the idle adjsutment screw is on the right side of the bike. u can see it between the tank and frame. just use a long phillips head screw driver for the adjustment.

On the 99-00 modles I believe it is actually right on the frame, on the brake side of the bike.  Not sure what year you have.

contact vman1300 at MRCycles about the idle adjustment mod...will make things a LOT easier
beerchug.gif

Back