Kawasaki ZZR 1200

Thinker62

Donating Member
Registered
Anyone familiar with this bike? Apparently, it was new last year. It is a good looking bike. I really like what they did with both the front and rear lights. So with this Sport Tourer around, why all the hype over the FJR? What makes The Yamaha better...Hank?

Kawasaki_2.jpg

Thinker62

Donating Member
Registered
Kawasaki's website shows the bike with bags, but I am sure they cost extrea.

Rear lights

Kawasaki.jpg

pure_ego

enzyme of hypoverbage
Donating Member
Registered
I think thats got a more "sport" look than the FJR pics Hank posted...  It's more .. "tour" I think.

I'm not sure how I feel about those lights... kinda like bug eyes with antennea (front) and bug eyes with white ears (back) or something.. Definatly be able to see the turn signals though.

busaben

Registered
For the ZZR1200, it's basically a bored out ZX-11 engine, wrapped up in sport touring plastic.  Supposed to have over 130 horsepower at the rear wheel.  Definitely more sport oriented, but a little on the heavy side around 600 pounds.

busaben

Registered
No typo, it's in excess of 600 pounds wet, I just checked an old Cycleworld magazine, July 2002, 567 lb's dry.  However, so is the FJR, the BMW K1200, etc.  The full fairing's and luggage do add some weight, plus the larger gas tanks.  That is not considered heavy for a sport touring bike.

pure_ego

enzyme of hypoverbage
Donating Member
Registered
Isn't the 'busa technically a sport tourer?? ..

Thats wild. I wouldn't have thought that at all. If I'm riding a bike that weighs over 600 it's a goldwing.. or nuffin'.

gararnett

Registered
I think it was Rider mag. that had a write up on this bike as a Sport tourer. THe writer was not impressed with the stock bike. Only after modifications was he satisfied at all. Bar risers, shield and a lot of other stuff was put on the bike. In the end he said it was a good bike, but cost wound up more than some other ST'ers.

GAr

hank

Registered
The ST1300 is a sport-TOURING bike.
The FJR is a SPORT-touring bike.
And the ZZR1200 is a, hum, an updated ZZR1100?

The ZZR1200 has a more aggressive seating position than the ST1300 or FJR1300 (more like the Busa with Heli-bars). It is a great straight-line missile as the ZZR1100 was. And by what BIKE (uk) say's performance is right up with the Busa and ZX-12 (really close). Apparently it will smoke a Blackbird (big deal). Any way’s it sounds like it's an updated ZZR1100 basically and takes some muscling to get around the corners like the old one. Oh I forgot it’s way cheaper than the ST1300 or FJR - panniers not included.
wink.gif

Kerberos

Registered
we have a silver on at our showroom where I work. Not bad. Have you guys seen the new interceptor, honda, single sided swingarm?

hank

Registered
I like the old 750 Interceptor better, think it's getting to teched out now. Still a great bike, but bet you can get a Busa for about the same $$$.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
giopapy KAWASAKI ZZR 1200 General Bike Related Topics 6
full SCOOP : Kawasaki ZZR-X for 2011 !? Gen II Busa Information 10
full 2009 official Kawasaki ZZR 1400 for asian market Gen II Busa Information 18
Pop 2006 Kawasaki ZZR 1400 aka Nija ZX 14 General Bike Related Topics 9
04LE Kawasaki EV bike with 4 speed manual General Bike Related Topics 3
greg3852 Supercharged Busa Vs Kawasaki H2? Super Chargers 5
T Kawasaki Z H2 Videos 8
T Kawasaki ZX 25R Random Thoughts 22
T Kawasaki H2 Off Topic 47
c10 How to kill a Hayabusa Thread on a Kawasaki forum General Bike Related Topics 45
ali123 $28,000 for 228hp Kawasaki H2 (2019) General Bike Related Topics 105
G Man its Fuggly but the Kawasaki H2SX, is the bomb,,, General Bike Related Topics 47
c10 7 Kawasaki's ,and 2 Suzuki's equal a fun time! General Bike Related Topics 1
Skywalker Kawasaki Z900rs Retro General Bike Related Topics 20
BusaBus Bought A New Kawasaki Z125 Pro- May The Fun Begin! Other rides of our members past and present 11
T Can It Be True ? Stock Kawasaki 249 Mph..... Top Speed 26
T Is This For Real ? Stock Kawasaki Hits 249 Mph ? General Bike Related Topics 16
Excursion05 Kawasaki is putting superchargers in half their bikes in the next two years Random Thoughts 11
T KAWASAKI H2R top speed - what do you think ? General Bike Related Topics 42
Flicka Finally got rid of the Kawasaki General Bike Related Topics 57
04LE Kawasaki H2 OEM Supercharged General Bike Related Topics 75
skydivr Kawasaki Riders.... General Bike Related Topics 19
POWERHOUSE Kawasaki zx14 turbo systems from rcc Turbo 9
M I need help from the smartest kawasaki engine tech for my gravely pro master z 148 Random Thoughts 7
Dozerdriver Has anyone ridden or own a 2011/2013 Kawasaki Ninja 1000? General Bike Related Topics 19
T Cop Rear Ends Motorcycle + 2013 Kawasaki ZX-6R Stuntbike Videos 12
T Kawasaki Ninja vs ABT Audi RS6 on the Autobahn Videos 6
D Kawasaki's new 3 passenger ZX14 Lawson Replica. Random Thoughts 5
POWERHOUSE 2007 kawasaki zx6r unleashed! General Bike Related Topics 15
kameraman Kawasaki ZX-14 crash (Highside? Lowside?) General Bike Related Topics 43
RussellJ Kawasaki 300 HP electric bike General Bike Related Topics 9
Big Moe Kawasaki (ZX-14R) and Sport Rider Magazine.......Tell us how you really feel!! General Bike Related Topics 99
fallenarch Kawasaki Decal General Bike Related Topics 1
T Kawasaki Ninja ZX-14R vs Suzuki Hayabusa GSX1300R: Make Love, Not War General Bike Related Topics 34
GMbusa Kawasaki. General Bike Related Topics 24
POWERHOUSE 2012 kawasaki zx14 on the dyno! General Bike Related Topics 72
jphilipson Beat Rickey Gadson, Win a Kawasaki ZX-14r General Bike Related Topics 18
Disturbed1 Official 2012 Kawasaki Head to Head Comparison Video ZX-14 vs Hayabusa General Bike Related Topics 28
D 2011 Kawasaki Z1000 General Bike Related Topics 10
ciscopisto Kawasaki 2012 General Bike Related Topics 26
StrtRac3r Tribute to kawasaki General Bike Related Topics 7
OldMan Kawasaki vs Hayabusa General Bike Related Topics 82
apehog Kawasaki test ride event.. General Bike Related Topics 7
newman Saw a Kawasaki today. General Bike Related Topics 3
jellyrug So is everyone now going to buy a Kawasaki? General Bike Related Topics 64
Sp33D Kawasaki ZX10R 2011. General Bike Related Topics 87
outlawbusa Did Kawasaki release the ultimate Busa eater~?~ General Bike Related Topics 43
full Kawasaki ZZR1400 / ZX-14 2011 ! Gen II Busa Information 22
omslaw New Video: Part 2 - Busa vs Ninja - Kawasaki vs Suzuki Hayabusa vs ZX14 Videos 0
Kaptain Kanji Kawasaki smoke, opinion wanted. General Bike Related Topics 7