katana 600 turbo?

$6000 katana+$3000 turbo= busa power without the looks or the handling. in other words....
laugh.gif

if the man wan't to turbo a katana, let the man do so! It would be funny as hell watching him come up to a smaller bike, with the Katana and smoke him cause of the turbo! I like the idea! Do it! Then drive down to bike week so I can see it!
bowdown.gif

I'd swap in a 1100 Katana motor and leave the 600 badges on.

Had a '93 kan-a-tuna 600 as my first bike that I modified but would never dream of putting a turbo on it, you could never get it stopped if you did waste someone!!! If you do it make sure the bike you run against is worth it because death will soon follow after!!!!
SHOCKED.gif
SHOCKED.gif

SHOCKED.gif

Do it... the kat is a comfortable bike and it has unique styling... All it needs is some more power.

check over on katriders.com man, good guys there too and very informative

I had a katana 1100, had power windows
SHOCKED.gif
, funny stuff, went OK -for its time, and very comfy, but soft in the turns, and not fun to stop when you got her rolling.

But anyway my reason for posting is this, a freind of mine had a kat 750 an wanted more speed, but liked his riding position and said the busa was to heavy {although I think a kat 750 is like 485lbs vs. a busa with a good exhaust replacement is 510}, so after every one talked him out of dumping $ into the Katana- he ended up going with a gsxr 750 and hasnt stopped complaining about it since,
so if you like it, turbo it, add some rear tire to it what ever makes you happy, but remmeber if a turbo adds 65 hp, the 600 isnt the best handling machine to begin with so you may want to put stainless brake lines, better rotors and pads as welll as send out your suspension and have it worked a little.

beerchug.gif
But be careful the bike you love may start to rapidly dissapear
beerchug.gif

beerchug.gif

all_coholic.gif
I agree with being different, but there is crossin the line.. into insanity... I love turbos but I'd agree with turb06LE240... there is much more that would need to be done... good luck, but my $.02 is to do some reasearch first...
beerchug.gif

Thought about this for my next project....here's whatca need

katana

03+ 1200 Bandit car kit (they're fuel injected
wink.gif
) and you want EVERYTHING!!!!!

kit will pretty much bolt in with minor tweaks.

GSXR front end (buy an entire one and mod the steering stem)

Mcxpress, RCCturbos, and NLR can make you a turbosystem for the bandit motor.

Any kind of swap like this requires big inital $$$$$'s to get started but many times you can resell and recoup a lot of your costs back.

Do a search on my name....I put a gsxr 1000 motor in a Kawi ZRX frame.....tons of guys said it couldn't be done either.

Back