katana 600 turbo?

jgm1320

Registered
does anybody out there know if they make a turbo kit for an 05 600 katana?  I've searched everywhere and haven't found anything.

rock.gif

id think that for the money you'd put into a turbo kit for that bike, you could trade it in for a GSXR600 that would smoke a katana turbo.

(runeight @ Feb. 02 2007,19:54)
rock.gif
haha yeah I expected a lot of those. But I really like the bike, it just needs some more power and I don't mind puttin' the money into it.

(jgm1320 @ Feb. 02 2007,20:56)
rock.gif
haha yeah I expected a lot of those. But I really like the bike, it just needs some more power and I don't mind puttin' the money into it.
Have you ever rode a REAL sportbike? Not to bust your chops, but you are missing out on a whole new realm of power to weight ratios on a sportbike. A Katana is a road/touring bike with sportbike ques. Even if you could put a turbo on a 600 Katana, why would you? The brakes and suspension would never be able to cope with the power and you would be putting yourself into big danger. Good luck with what you choose.

rock.gif
Stuff a GSXR1100 motor in it and ride like the wind! Unless I'm mistaken (quite likely) those old Air/oil cooled motors were almost completely interchangeable. People built a lot of 7/11 specials out of old GSXR750's. Same principal. Then you'd be talking potential. Lots of Turbo kits etc. for the 1100 motors.
race.gif

(black954 @ Feb. 02 2007,21:27)
rock.gif
Have you ever rode a REAL sportbike? Not to bust your chops, but you are missing out on a whole new realm of power to weight ratios on a sportbike. A Katana is a road/touring bike with sportbike ques. Even if you could put a turbo on a 600 Katana, why would you? The brakes and suspension would never be able to cope with the power and you would be putting yourself into big danger.  Good luck with what you choose.
yeah I have a busa so I know what a true sportbike can do...By the way has anyone used the velocity stage 1 kit?  I've heard good things from a friend but wanted to see if anybody else felt differently.

lots of velocity owners around. Its a great kit. I've heard good and bad things about their customer service so you'll have to figure that one out on your own.

Dennis Clanton out of cleveland makes a nice kit called a Ghetto Turbo.

NLR has a nice kit.
mcexpress

don't go with mr turbo or the shandy kit. The mr turbo is old technology and the shandy.... well if you run across their website you'll see what I mean.

(jgm1320 @ Feb. 02 2007,19:53) does anybody out there know if they make a turbo kit for an 05 600 katana?  I've searched everywhere and haven't found anything.
WHY
eek2.gif

(GIXERHP @ Feb. 03 2007,10:13)
WHY  
eek2.gif
That's odd, I get the same response when people find out I have a turbo on my hayabusa. Of course he will be the one with a "one of a kind" bike.

Never heard of a Katana turbo, but if you could hide it well it would be the ultimate sleeper. Just imagine the look of disbelief when the guy on a F4 gets smoked by a kan-a-tuna.
AAAssjani.gif

I say go for it. It'll be a killer sleeper, like dropping a V8 into a Pinto or Chevette. The ones that question it are the same ones that cry when they get their ass handed to them by a ancient subcompact or old school bike.

Sleepers kick ass...and if it's set up right no GSXR600 will touch it unless it's also running boost. It'll cost a lot of $$$$ but the first time you leave some know it all on his modern sport bike in the dust, it'll be worth every dime.

If you're not willing to spend the cash on building up the engine internals to handle an insane amount of boost, it won't be worth it. My 500 runs about 20 psi and the 650 runs about 17 psi (both v-twins). My Busa doesn't exactly disappear into the sunset when confronted with the 650...at least not until after 150 mph.

Back