Katana 600

If we ride with a larger more diverse group, I can hang in the middle with no problems.
Like a group with a Ninja 250?
among others!... (smarty pants!)
cool.gif

go with a yamaha fz1 or fz6, i too love suzukis more then any other bike, but those yamahas i mentioned are great, i have the fz1(very comfy) and if you dont want that much power the 6 is nice too, fuel injected under seat exhaust. check em out. i had a katana for my first bike, u will get dissapointed with the power after a month or so.
I was considering the Fz-6. It seems like a good bike, and it has a good price tag on it. The thing I don't like is the lack of fairings. I plan to take my baby out for rides up to 8 hours long. I want something comfortable.

I do like the Zuks for their reliability. Oil cooling is another definite big plus for me. Speed, like I said is not really an issue. I won't be taking it on to the track. What I do really want it acceleration. Definetely a vital thing. I could manage with a bike that's sluggish on the pick up, like a H*nda Shadow, but I want something that'll allow me to get from A to B, in under 3 million years.

Appreciate the help...but I still need input on the acceleration thing.
You're not hearing what we're saying....all us seasoned riders are telling you........its sloooww. You will be bored within weeks. Unless you keep it wound up ALL the time EVERYwhere its sloowww...and even then its slooww. Hope this helps  
wink.gif
Okaaaaay mister seasoned rider. I can read.....I am listening to what you are all saying.

I guess all of us have different opinions as to what would be fast or slow. I guess the only way to see if the bike suits me is to go down and test ride the both of em. If I find the bike to be as sloooow as most of you have described it, then I'll go with the 750.

I had a 98 Kat 750.  When the most recent version came out, it was called the best bargain by the mags.  It was a good all around bike with a semi-sport feel.  Not a repli-racer.  Gel seat was good but better for the passenger.  It was bullet proof.  Based off the older gsxr engines.  Never had a problem.  If it's not out of your budget, I would give it a look. I did add a ignition advance. jet kit and yosh full exhaust.

<!--EDIT|soon2be
Reason for Edit: None given...|1125463575 -->

207.JPG

Jeez....

I'm really confused. I guess it all comes down to advice from the dealership guy, as well as the test ride.

I want to be able to keep the bike for some time, without having to sell it off, to get a bike with more power. But I also don't want to start off with a bike that'll have too much power. I want a bike that'll have exactly the right amount of power, so I don't underutilise/get bored quickly with it.

Maybe I'll just buy a Busa.....JUST KIDDING. Don't start flaming. I'm sensible/responsible enough.

Ahhh...what the heck....I think I'll go with the 750. Seems like an awesome bike...

I'll report back with news from the dealership.

If you buy a Katana anything...you would be a fool to buy it new.

Buy an old beater and ride it till you get bored with it, because its a boring bike.

You dont know what you are going to want, because you are still thrilled by a katana. You will take a beating on a new katana, because it will be hard to resell, and you will have spent more than you can get from it if you buy it new.

Katana = Saturn

I'm not "thrilled" with a Katana.

You've contradicted yourself by basically telling me that the Katana is not a very thrilling bike.

I'll be using the bike for transportation and entertainment. I've ridden bikes that suck, like a 400 cc H*nda Shadow, and it doesn't bore me very much. I doubt 750 ccs of Katana will bore me quickly.

And I don't want to buy it used. I have my reasons.

I'm not "thrilled" with a Katana.

You've contradicted yourself by basically telling me that the Katana is not a very thrilling bike.

I'll be using the bike for transportation and entertainment. I've ridden bikes that suck, like a 400 cc H*nda Shadow, and it doesn't bore me very much. I doubt 750 ccs of Katana will bore me quickly.

And I don't want to buy it used. I have my reasons.
Hey I guess we are rubbing off on you abit
tounge.gif
In my opinion the 750 would be a much better choice for you, even if it costs a little more cause' it'll have more long term appeal and better resale. Believe us when we tell you the 600 won't hold your interest for long. And sorry I wasn't implying earlier you know nothing about bikes...its just that the riders giving you feedback here, including me, have more than likely rode a Kat 600 at one time or another as they worked their way up, and we're just trying to keep you from wasting time and money....like we did
wink.gif
Whatever you get enjoy it
tounge.gif
biggrin.gif
cool.gif

tounge.gif

tounge.gif
In my opinion the 750 would be a much better choice for you, even if it costs a little more cause' it'll have more long term appeal and better resale. Believe us when we tell you the 600 won't hold your interest for long. And sorry I wasn't implying earlier you know nothing about bikes...its just that the riders giving you feedback here, including me, have more than likely rode a Kat 600 at one time or another as they worked their way up, and we're just trying to keep you from wasting time and money....like we did  
wink.gif
tounge.gif

biggrin.gif

cool.gif
I hear what you're saying. In fact, this board has influenced my choice of bike very much.

I've got all the common knowledge, now I just need to find out my personal preference. I don't want to bore myself out to easily.

I'm pretty sure I can handle 750ccs. I just don't know if any of you think that's too much for me to start off riding(on the road, with a license) with. And I'm sure I'll enjoy riding any motorcycle...as long as it's a Suzuki...
smile.gif
biggrin.gif
laugh.gif
cool.gif

tounge.gif

biggrin.gif

cool.gif

tounge.gif
wink.gif
tounge.gif

biggrin.gif

cool.gif
I hear what you're saying. In fact, this board has influenced my choice of bike very much.

I've got all the common knowledge, now I just need to find out my personal preference. I don't want to bore myself out to easily.

I'm pretty sure I can handle 750ccs. I just don't know if any of you think that's too much for me to start off riding(on the road, with a license) with. And I'm sure I'll enjoy riding any motorcycle...as long as it's a Suzuki...
smile.gif
biggrin.gif
laugh.gif
cool.gif
It sounds like with your past experience (you mentioned you had rode a Honda 400 abit) you will prolly be fine on a Kat 750. The Kat will still be way tamer than a current 600 sportbike (gsxr-ninja-cbr-r6) but give you enough oomf to keep you entertianed for awhile...and it'll be a decent 2-up bike. Just keep in mind its another step up from the 400, and you should be fine
wink.gif
Let us know what you get and how it goes...

tounge.gif

biggrin.gif

cool.gif

wink.gif

It sounds like with your past experience (you mentioned you had rode a Honda 400 abit) you will prolly be fine on a Kat 750. The Kat will still be way tamer than a current 600 sportbike (gsxr-ninja-cbr-r6) but give you enough oomf to keep you entertianed for awhile...and it'll be a decent 2-up bike. Just keep in mind its another step up from the 400, and you should be fine  
wink.gif
Let us know what you get and how it goes...
Appreciate the advice and all the help....will keep everyone updated, and, of course, when I buy the bike, there will be pics.

Still need to go to the dealer, so, will post up my decision when I've got enough advice/opinions/facts.

Cheers you guys.

Back