Katana opinion

kinghomeboy

Registered
hey every1 been a while since i really possted much so i decided to post this, and yea this one is kinda simple im lookin at gettin a katana, it would be my first bike, tho i do have another type that many ahve said is a good starter but i want the opinion of all you experienced guys on just in general opinions of the GSX600F katana and the opinion of it bein a starter bike, much appreciated and thanks

great starter bike. I hadn't ridden in years but had years of riding experience under my belt. Instead of going directly to the busa I bought a Katana to get the feel for riding again. It treated me very well and they are very nice on price. I don't think you will go wrong if you find one that has been taken care of.

Not just a starter bike but, really all anyone really ever needs.
I had an 02 750, and it was the absolute perfect bike.
They are mechanically bullet proof, realiable and nicely styled.

www.katriders.com

Note the similarities.

Katana4Sale001.jpg
AllansBirthday006.jpg

I agree 100% I had a 750 myself and loved it very comfortable to ride and a good bike to get back into the sport.

Katana's are good bikes. They get a a bad rep for whatever reason by some, but I had a 91 750 when I was in grad school and never had any problems with it. It was pretty comfortable too. I commuted 180 miles round trip 3 times a week and simply enjoyed the ride. Although it wasn't the quickest, it was fun to ride. You can ususually find great deals on them used.

I think they are a good bike and nicely styled. However, if you are planning on hanging out, you might be better off looking at a SV650. For some reason, the Katana gets a bad rep.

Since getting my Busa, I have looked at the Katana as the "little brother". It is more in vein of a sport touring bike than the GSX-R's.

I am looking for one now for a friend. I think it will be perfect for her.

Kat's rock. You can pick them up for less than 2 grand, they are forgiving to the inexperienced, relatively comfortable, and fairly sporty. Go with Pirelli Diablo Strada's and you'll be lovin the twisties :thumbsup:

I hadn't been on a bike in over a decade and the Katana was just what I needed to get back in the game (a copy of Lee Parks' Total Control doesn't hurt, either). After a year, I was able to unload it easily and even got a few extra bucks.

I had a '91 Kat 600. Great bike, never had any problems and always fun to ride. I don't think you could go wrong with a Kat for a first bike.

I started off on a Katana many, many years ago and I loved it. It's a great starter bike. Ride safe, wear your gear and have fun!

Good luck!

I used to have a 2000 600 I really liked. My wife currently rides an 06 750, her first bike. They are great bikes in my opinion!

katana.jpg

busa bash 011.jpg

First bike I owned was a 90 Kat 600 then after years of not riding I bought a Kat 750 to start again. Great bike and weight comparison to the Busa made it an easy switch.

Back