Katana opinion

I agree with all the above... I had a '91 Kat 750 - it was my first "sport bike" so to speak... very nice to ride... excellent first bike. :thumbsup:

I had an 06 750 as well and really liked it. Front springs too soft, but once that's changed it's a pretty respectable all around bike. It was the first street bike for my son, but I enjoyed it myself and rode it often. Very reliable.

Riding position is more upright than a CBR 600, GSXR 600 R6 etc..... may make you more comfortable in that position then totally leaned over.

My previous bike before the Busa was a Katana 600, and I really enjoyed her! She was very comfortable and sturdy, I really loved the looks. Most people that talk crap about it that I've come across, are the ones that go by hearsay; it was produced for a long time. That should tell you a little something.:beerchug:

hey every1 been a while since i really possted much so i decided to post this, and yea this one is kinda simple im lookin at gettin a katana, it would be my first bike, tho i do have another type that many ahve said is a good starter but i want the opinion of all you experienced guys on just in general opinions of the GSX600F katana and the opinion of it bein a starter bike, much appreciated and thanks

My first bike was a 05 Blue/White Kat. I absolutely recommend this bike if you are a BUSA LOVER! I rode my Kat for 3 years and then I upgraded to the BUSA. The BUSA is only 20 pounds heavier than the KAT and the transition felt completely normal and comfortable. After riding the KAT for awhile, try sitting on one of those 600/750 supersports bikes and they will seem extremely light and small to you. Anybody who's ultimate goal is a BUSA, I would recommend the KAT, if you are wanting a gixxer 1000, you might want to go with the entry level Honda 600 they make. Anyway, the sitting positions between the KAT and BUSA are very similar and since I'm a bigger guy, over 6'0, 250lbs, these are the only sport bikes I'd ever ride.

Skip the Kat(ana) and get the Cat(Thunder cat). More specifically, the Yamaha YZF600R 98+. I Took that over the katana for a few reasons. 1) Great gas mileage, something like 55+mpg, 2) Better Styling 3) Comfortable 4) more power than a katana, but it's very linear and usable. These were all reasons I said F- the katana. Hope you make the same choice.

America's Premiere YZF600R Web Source

I'd go for the GSXR 750. A friend has one but has only had it under a year and now wants a 1k which I told him to buy in the first place. I said," In 5-6 months your not going to be satisfied with the power any longer." Now he's wanting more power. Go figure.

I'd go for the GSXR 750. A friend has one but has only had it under a year and now wants a 1k which I told him to buy in the first place. I said," In 5-6 months your not going to be satisfied with the power any longer." Now he's wanting more power. Go figure.

I wouldn't reccomend anything bigger than a 600 as a first sportbike.

The original stable.

Baby J - 28.jpg

:rofl:

The Kats are great bikes, just don't drop it. It can be expensive to fix.

I still want a Kat 600, so I can put a 1340GSXR motor into it. Sleeper!

Here's my old 750. I had a yosh full system(not installed in this pic), stage 3 kit, sprocket changes, it was fast. Fun to ride and comfy too!

Attachments

• Suzuki (Small).bmp
    1.2 MB · Views: 118
My 1st street bike before the Busa was a Katana 1100. Great bike period and a perfect transition to the Busa.:thumbsup:

Back