just turned 21, and busa will be first bike

Dude, as everyone will tell you over at ODFU and here DONT!. I did the same thing, (wasnt my 1st bike, but 2nd in 2 months that silver ZZR was my 1st one). do a search for my username and look at some of the posts. And just recently the bike is in a few pieces from an accident over the weekend.

Its not that i or you cant ride, I think that around the city/highway and harley is much harder to control than a sportbike, please please at least learn on a dirtbike or some trashed bike, just to get it down. The busa is just its wayyyy to much. Its like dad giving you the keys to a 900 HP viper as your 1st car. I got lucky at least a dozen times screwing around. The only thing a 21yr old and a busa have in common is speed, and it wayyyy to much. my 1st week i hit 180 without trying, i litterally looked down and said, "oh whoops". and i still had room to go with the throttle.

You are going to get extreme respect from it by your friends but, you will end up regretting it. not the bike, but just the fact.. (hard to explain) It also has alot of torque and you will break ####. Ive snapped 2 chains, went through 2 tires already, a few hundred bucks in parts, cush driver bearings,
3 air filters (from oil into the airbox during a wheelie).All within 7000 miles. Not to mention 2 helmets, 2 jackets, 3 sets of shoes, gloves (boxers from the close calls) Its just so much power and such a rush. Just please be careful. Over the past 2 weeks My friends cousin (who bought my zzr600) hit a dog and almost totaled the bike, My friend josh (who's cousin has the bike) with a gixxr1000 went over backwards in a wheelie at 120 mph. and what happened to me the other day.
Wait till summer and do a little reading and practice to make sure. I just hate to see someone drop 11k on something so pretty and then post pics of it 2 weeks later of it all smashed up

<!--EDIT|Lotus49
Reason for Edit: None given...|1127894889 -->

Wheelman - I've made a wise choice! After you build up some experience, you'll appreicate a hyper-bike much more. Best of luck to you.
smile.gif

Great decision, wheelman! I spent 3.5 years, 17k mikes, and two seasons of track days on Katana 600. You better believe, this "old" technology can be pushed to the limit. You can still go plenty fast - easily into triple digits. Very reliable, and it won't be too upsetting if you drop it. You will learn wrenching on this one. Then, when the new '07 comes out, you can get that if you still feel like it.
__                                      
Igor
<span style='font-size:12pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:darkred'>HumpMod.com</span> <span style='color:darkred'>- The easy way</span></span>

you have too many years to learn to ride, don't kill yourself out of self pride. Buy a katana 600 and learn every aspect of riding. Ride for atleast 2 years before even thinking of getting a busa. It would be like giving a 16 year old a viper as a first car and telling him good luck. Sorry step on your dreams of being one of the proud owners of a bus but it is not a toy and is NOT a first bike. I rode for 5 years before i was ready and even after 2 years on the busa it still gets out of hand sometimes. It is too much power for 95% of riders to ever handle and only 1% of riders can utilize all of the power effectively. Be safe.
cool.gif

Why start at the top? If you do you'll never be able to truly appreciate the power and torque that come with a bigger bike unless you start smaller. You have to pay your dues in everything. Don't buy the Busa for the name, cause after all your friends have seen it for a while and you've had it a while, regardless of brand, the novelty wears off and  then you have just your bike and the payments, it may even leave you lacking and wanting the next biggest and baddest thing just to impress.  I've seen it too many times. Just look in Ebay, 99-05' Busa, fully chromed, custom paint, blah blah blah 1000 miles.
Another dude wanting attention and the novelty wore off and he's dumping the bike on the market. Not a rider, a person looking to impress everyone.

Plus when you ride smaller bikes, master them and move up, your a much better rider for the bigger bike. Generally green riders tend to be alittle harsh on their first few bikes and maintenence usually suffers. So by the time people move up, their riding and maintnence skills usually are better. Cause you want to keep that bike looking and running good, don't you?

Not to mention that smaller cc bikes are more forgiving and have a larger room for error. This whole thing i'm writing isn't so much as wether you can or can't handle the bike, it's more to inform you of all the little things that come with experience of owning bikes. It's the little details that make a good rider.

Anyways, if you do buy the Busa, congrats. It's a good bike.
Respect the bike, "Think" before you act and good luck.

<!--EDIT|GMbusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1127967664 -->

Thanks GM, but ive already decided against the busa for my first ride, took a little time and got my head on straight, lookin at 600's now, better choice at the moment i think.
-WHEELMAN

Glad you changed your mind .But if you change it back i got dibs on the guages..lol

Back