just turned 21, and busa will be first bike

TheWheelman

Registered
you read correctly, my first bike will be a busa, call me crazy, call me stupid, but responsible adults deserve to spend their cash how they want to.....
-WHEELMAN

face7.gif

dont worry, i will do my best to be out of the stats, i pride myself in my responsibilty, hopefully, the busa will be such a blast as the 700 hp cobra.....

you're crazy and you're stupid. You might get lucky, but odds are that you'll end up a statistic. Don't assume that being able to drive a powerful car translates into being able to drive anything fast - or do you think you could learn how to fly in an F-18? Learn how to ride on a bike that doesn't want to kill you from the get-go. You can always trade up to a 'Bus after you've learned the ropes.

dont worry, i will do my best to be out of the stats, i pride myself in my responsibilty, hopefully, the busa will be such a blast as the 700 hp cobra.....
Everyone is so nice. Gimme a break.

Look ya little snot nosed kid, brag about all your ####, blah blah blah.

Respect the bike, because it doesn't respect you.

Post pics of yourself with your new bike with your cobra, just so we can get to know you.

two more words, track day.

<!--EDIT|Lota Fun R
Reason for Edit: None given...|1127124529 -->

There are probably a 100 or so more things you need to know & do to get from point a to point b on 2 wheels  than just mashing the gas & pointing a 700hp cage.

If you can slow your ego down just a little take the state run riders course. Some states reqire it for a motorcycle endorsement on your drivers license.

I'll say a prayer for you & wish you luck.

The busa is deceptive. Don't let her fool you. One too many times I've hit a corner carrying a lot more speed than I should have and been saved only on the motorcycling instincts that I've built up from riding my whole life (since I was 3 years old!!!). I'm sure you can learn to ride in any bike, but the more I ride the busa the more I realize it should not be a first bike. The only advice I can give you is to ride it like a pussy! Don't go fast cause when the road turns, you'll be going a lot faster than you want to, and why get a busa if you can't haul ass on it? I strongly recomend one of the 600's. They are REALLY fast, and a lot more forgiving than the busa!

Guys I agree with some of your points here but don't you think you might be jumping to a LITTLE too many conclusions? Now I mean with this kids attitude about the 700HP car and all that I agree he is prolly gonna end up a statistic. But the Busa was my first motorcycle. I have since racked up 19,000 on my 03 and love it to death. I mean I see everything you guys are saying. You have got to respect this bike to the fullest or yes it will kill you in heartbeat. But if you ride like you have sense this bike can be tamed. Although I admit my biggest thing with it is railing into turns I have a couple times found myself carrying too much speed and it ALMOST spelled disaster. Gave me a good scare. I am just saying learning on this bike is not impossible.

Almost seems like a little trolling going on.
smile.gif

<!--EDIT|Rosco
Reason for Edit: None given...|1127130111 -->

Guys I agree with some of your points here but don't you think you might be jumping to a LITTLE too many conclusions? Now I mean with this kids attitude about the 700HP car and all that I agree he is prolly gonna end up a statistic. But the Busa was my first motorcycle. I have since racked up 19,000 on my 03 and love it to death. I mean I see everything you guys are saying. You have got to respect this bike to the fullest or yes it will kill you in heartbeat. But if you ride like you have sense this bike can be tamed. Although I admit my biggest thing with it is railing into turns I have a couple times found myself carrying too much speed and it ALMOST spelled disaster. Gave me a good scare. I am just saying learning on this bike is not impossible.
I agree that you can learn on the Busa if you respect it. Wheelman is already so not repecting the Busa.

busa was my first bike also... respect her and she will respect you back... and welcome to the board

PimpN

Where's the video of the dude leaving the dealership and getting thrown off 2 seconds later? Better yet, where's the one with the guy riding into the tree?

I understand if you're mature enough, the Busa is a managable bike... but here's the thing. For every person who's mature enough, there's about 100 who think they're mature enough.

Good look playa, that's all I can tell 'ya.

Back