BUSA First bike

jonhpt2001

Registered
Lunch box..

I'm posting in a new thread since yours has many responses and I didn't want this to get buried...my busa was my first sportbike...I rode dirtbikes growing up and messed around on my buddies katana for awhile, but other than that, i was a newbie...I was 28 when I bought my baby and I haven't looked back since...

The bike dosen't kill riders, the rider kills himself...You have to be mature and responsible...before riding my busa, I took a MSF course...then I rode my Busa in large parking lots, working on my breaking skills, shifting my weight, etc. basic stuff...then I took the advanced MSF course with my busa...which was great by the way...after that, progressed slowly, back roads, then highways and expressways...this is my second season and I have had very few close calls (knocking on wood), and those close calls were from CAGES not because of the busa...the busa is a quiet giant..learn to respect it first, keep your head on straight...now I'm a regular at the local track, kicking ass and taking names...the decision is up to you...good luck...and ride baby ride!!!

Nice post.

Paul

countsled.gif

Everyone has said before that any bike is dangerous. Its just that the Busa gets you into danger faster? Can someone elaborate about that. That statement in my opinion only applies if youre not paying attention or getting in over your head. If I keep a reasonable speed and distance, will I be any less safe than the next guy on a Ninja250?

It isn't just the speed of the busa, but also the weight...I think that a first timer with a busa is more likely too lose it in a parking lot, causing a lot of damage to your fairings $$$$, then slamming into a tree at 140mph...thing that is different with the busa is that it is so smooth that you don't realize that it goes 0-100 in a blink of an eye as well...so people get too ballsy for their skill level and don't respect it...also, people want to race you all the time, due to the fact that you are on a busa, so if you have no self control you can get into trouble as well...Just educate yourself before buying this bad ass piece of machinery...also, keep in mind once you get a taste of the busa you will want nothing else...LOVE IT

my wife calls my busa "the other woman"...that is how much I LOVE IT
thats my 0.2

I think the main thing is, like the earlier poster said, the busa kind of lures you into higher speeds.  With this, situations develop and you all of the sudden realize your going way too fast.  Hopefully, those situations don't get ya.  A less powerful/smooth bike will give you a lot more feedback as to your speed and you'll drive under more control.  Plus, with the busa, you'll have to negotiate about 100 lbs more in a power stop than with a GSXR 750. First time you lay down a 75 foot skid mark coming to a light you'll know what I mean
smile.gif

<!--EDIT|MeltDownZ
Reason for Edit: None given...|1093898717 -->

Head on straight....yep.....i am 53----survived many a close call..really don't know why i am still here....??? Today with new Michelin Pilot Sports on..dragged both footpegs....Today...Smooth and smart.....think it though the turns..very difficult actually.....WooHoo what a bike the Busa is...Gotta admit.....mines been lowerd 3/4 inch...still gotta lean waaaaaay over to drag pegs....at about 45 mph's
rock.gif

Back