just turned 21, and busa will be first bike

Ive been lookin at the ZZR600, its a nice lookin machine, I have only sat on the ZZR1200, kawi web site says the 600 has a higher seat height, anyone sat on all three, (bus/1200/600) for a comparison?  the ZZR is also much less expensive, always good when starting out.
I've sat on all 3.....couldn't tell you much except that the Busa sits the lowest of the 3 I think. The ZZR1200 is bigger but like the Busa.....you'd be nuts to get one of those....HUGE power. Get the ZZR600 or better yet an SV650s.....both have enough power to make a newbie crap his pants.

...its your money, and your life!! Do what you want!!

No one cares!! If you live to tell the tale... lets know how things went

you read correctly, my first bike will be a busa, call me crazy, call me stupid, but responsible adults deserve to spend their cash how they want to.....
-WHEELMAN
<marquee><span style='color:darkred'><span style='font-size:15pt;line-height:100%'>CRAZY STUPID IRRESPONSIBLE</marquee></span></span>

If you were responsible you would start out on something to learn on before the Busa. If you were not crazy you would make the Busa a 2nd or 3rd bike. If you were not stupid you would not post the fact that you are crazy.

RELAX boys....wheelman will not be getting a Busa when he hears the insurance quote....it will be $2000 to $3000  and he will reconsider.

I had a wickedly fast Norton 750 commando that was faster than anything in northern Illinois at age 17. 31 years later  I  have a busa.....it will depend on a couple of things as to weather wheelman makes it to his 25th birthday...
1) reflexes
2) common sense
3) maturity
4) squid factor
Well, the Norton Commando 750 was 60hp with a wet weight of 430lbs, a little different to a 'Busa I think.

I'd add a fifth entry to your list:

5) Lot and lots of Luck.

looks to me that the ZZR600, is the exact same bike as the 98-02 ZX6R, am i correct in that assumption??
Who cares if it the same or not ?
This is a Busa Board.
Talk about your new Busa or go elsewhere !( Maybe a picture)
Talk is cheap little man, get your busa and when we hear that it's gone.We will be all over the left over good parts like Hyennas at a fresh kill.
P.S. welcome and good luck,
and let's see if your still posting in a year or so.

looks to me that the ZZR600, is the exact same bike as the 98-02 ZX6R, am i correct in that assumption??
Who cares if it the same or not ?
This is a Busa Board.
Talk about your new Busa or go elsewhere !( Maybe a picture)
Talk is cheap little man, get your busa and when we hear that it's gone.We will be all over the left over good parts like Hyennas at a fresh kill.
P.S. welcome and good luck,
and let's see if your still posting in a year or so.
laugh.gif

Here's a suggestion folks...

When brand-new-never-ridden-a-bike-before person says they're going to buy a Busa as their first bike, let's work up a gambling pool! Just like a football pool, but in this case, we'll all be guessing at how long it'll be before their 1st crash! Winner takes all! Takers?
laugh.gif

you read correctly, my first bike will be a busa, call me crazy, call me stupid, but responsible adults deserve to spend their cash how they want to.....
-WHEELMAN
Per your request, you're crazy and you're stupid!

biggrin.gif

Seriously, it's not something I would do. At the very least, get a FULL complement of GEAR. Jacket, helmet, high quality boots and gloves, leather pants.

And always wear it EVERY time you ride, even if it's just down to the corner and back.

You may be fine, you may not. But if you're in a hospital bed with all kinds of asphalte embedded into your flesh and you're in agony every moment of every day for three or four weeks, minimum, you may reconsider the wisdom of riding without that gear on.

With the gear, you're chances are much greater that the worst you'll have to do is buy an new bike instead of a bunch of skin grafts.

Ask Pacific Busa about that one.

--Wag--

Just so ya'll know, ive totally reconsidered, and have been doing a lot of research, i think im gonna try to get a katana or maybe a used gsxr 600, or a zzr600, not a busa, as far as leathers/gear goes, i dont think i would be caught dead without them on a bike...
thanks for the input guys.. crazy/stupid indeed hahaha....
-WHEELMAN

good choice brother , you will be surprised just how fast that gix 600 will be, plenty of power to have fun with for a while. Do what I did - get a 600 ride for a year or 2 , then get what you want. Once you get used to handling a sportbike , and ride a few powerful bikes, THEN you , yourself will be able to make the decision on what you can handle. Congrats and be safe
biggrin.gif

Congrats AMong and Wheelman!! Believe you me the Gixx600 was my first sportbike back in '97 and I don't regret the experience at all!! It made me a much better rider and I don't think I'd be able to manuever the Busa as well as I could today. The 600 still has so much power on tap it's just unreal. I wanna get a 600 again prolly in the next couple of years as soon as I'm done modding my Busa. And if you guys can, do some track days, it'll be worth every penny!!!

good choice brother , you will be surprised just how fast that gix 600 will be, plenty of power to have fun with for a while. Do what I did - get a 600 ride for a year or 2 , then get what you want. Once you get used to handling a sportbike , and ride a few powerful bikes, THEN you , yourself will be able to make the decision on what you can handle. Congrats and be safe  
biggrin.gif
By the time you're ready for the Busa, the new and revamped Busas should be ready for release. And you'll be ready for it
biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

Congrats AMong and Wheelman!! Believe you me the Gixx600 was my first sportbike back in '97 and I don't regret the experience at all!! It made me a much better rider and I don't think I'd be able to manuever the Busa as well as I could today. The 600 still has so much power on tap it's just unreal. I wanna get a 600 again prolly in the next couple of years as soon as I'm done modding my Busa. And if you guys can, do some track days, it'll be worth every penny!!!
I wouldnt mind having another 600 again as well. That thing was so light, and plenty of balls, but I always felt like I was in total control, unlike my 1k that could get a little wicked on ya, from time to time. The 600 was awesome at deals gap though.

Just so ya'll know, ive totally reconsidered, and have been doing a lot of research, i think im gonna try to get a katana or maybe a used gsxr 600, or a zzr600, not a busa, as far as leathers/gear goes, i dont think i would be caught dead without them on a bike...
thanks for the input guys.. crazy/stupid indeed hahaha....
-WHEELMAN
Good choice. Ride safe. Use gear.

Post pics.

Guys I agree with some of your points here but don't you think you might be jumping to a LITTLE too many conclusions? Now I mean with this kids attitude about the 700HP car and all that I agree he is prolly gonna end up a statistic. But the Busa was my first motorcycle. I have since racked up 19,000 on my 03 and love it to death. I mean I see everything you guys are saying. You have got to respect this bike to the fullest or yes it will kill you in heartbeat. But if you ride like you have sense this bike can be tamed. Although I admit my biggest thing with it is railing into turns I have a couple times found myself carrying too much speed and it ALMOST spelled disaster. Gave me a good scare. I am just saying learning on this bike is not impossible.
Me too. Busa is my first bike. '03, will be turning 19,000 in about a week. Lots of lane splitting in Ventura to Los Angeles to San Diego rides and cities in between. Lots of close call too. But like everyone said, self-control is key.

And the true trick to a Busa is NOT going fast, but to be able to ride her slow and steady... Especially when you have to split lanes in traffic in between 2 Semi-Trucks.

Master that, Young-Jedi-Wanna-Be... and perhaps realize the full potential of the force, you will.

Back