Just some info on levers.

zx9r

Registered
I ordered some ASV levers from my dealer. I received them yesterday and attempted to install them. The clutch went on fine and couldn't fiqure out the brake. I logged on to ASVinventions and verified I had the right part number. I tried again with no luck. I called them this morning to find out that the Suzuki Hayabusa originally came out with the conventional setup (same as 07 ) and later chenged to the radial (same as the GSXR 1000,which they are currently using). So if you are deciding to buy some new levers you may to know there is two different types of levers for the 08. I hear the radials are better.

Never heard that b4.

Did they give you any production dates of old vs. new?

Radial what?? Busa doesn't have radial master cylinders.

Apparently some K8's got GSXR 1k levers installed on them according to ASV.

I bought a set a couple months ago and the clutch wasn't right, well still not right.

There is an old style and a new style clutch lever according to Bob at ASV. Same part number though. The brake was fine but the clutch has way to much take up in it. He said send it back and he would send me the old style or wait and get the new stop block sent. Well, waited then never followed up on it since I had already shimmed the stop block anyway.

Great service from them, my fault for not taking care of it yet. Great levers the adjustability is unlimited you can set the distance exactly where you want it. IIRC 80 positions? Beats the hell outta 5 or 6.

Last edited:
I bought ASV levers a while back. Their listing for them is wrong. The clutch is correct but you need to order the earlier generation 'Busa brake lever. The one they list is for the Gixxer 1000 IRRC.

Great levers though.

Back