Just got new 05 Busa

Bruiserman

Registered
Have a couple questions and comments.
First here is a pic of my new bike
biggrin.gif

By the way, this is not my first bike.

Now, I am new to this and have tried searches and get so many results that I don't know where to begin.
So, can someone point me to a tread that tracks the changes if any to through the years. I heard that the 05 has a steel frame and the older busa's were aluminum. Are there other changes.
Also, what is so antiquated about this bike. I would think that until someone comes along and does it better it wouldn't be considered antiquated.
I have been looking for info on the bike and am not finding as much as I'd like. Any help is appreciated.
By the way, this is a great site.

First off, congrats and welcome to the board! Second, if you can't find info on the Busa you just aren't looking! There is plenty here and all over the internet. There have been very few changes to the Busa in its lifetime. Steelframe started in 2002, I think. Restriction to 186 started in 2001. Some small changes to the engine, but nothing regarding the displacement. There is no one thread that will tell you everything about this bike. You can either ask questions or just look at everything until you find what you want to know. This is a great site with lots of good people and info.

Make sure you use the search function atthe top left of your screen........there is a lotto info here! Congratz, and welcome!

By the way, I love riding this bike.
biggrin.gif
Did 130 miles Sat. 200 Sun. and only 50 or so today, (Had to actually go to work today instead of ride) . Took it for some long straight rides and through some twisties. I couldn't quite keep up with my friend on his 600GSXR but thats only because he passed a car and then I couldn't cause of traffic. Other than that I didn't loose him. He wasn't going crazy though. We'll see if I can keep up when there isn't traffic. I can see why everyone loves this bike. Seems real smooth and I think it leans pretty darn good. I don't feel all that extra weight and actually like the wider bike. Everything is perfect.
smile.gif

The little things I couldn't find were the little differences between models. Was anything tweaked for the 05? Was also wondering if the restrictor can be overridden on the 05'. I have read it smooths out the first few gears too. I don't really think that is in my plans for the bike but if it helps with the lower speeds it might be.
I also am not sure why people call it antiquated. Seems it beat out the latest zx12r and BMW without any problems. I was in heaven by the way when the first issue of sport rider that I get after buying the red/black 05' busa has an article on the bike with a big pic of it on front. Got to love that. Think I might frame it and put it in my garage when I am through with it.
biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

Glad you're enjoying it. Your '05 is just like the '04 and the '03. Bold new graphics (BNG) have been the only changes the last few years.

Back