Laid down my new busa

yelaboy

Registered
I am new to hayabusa.org, and I not to long ago purchased a new black/gray 05 busa (Sept. 05). Unfortunately this past weekend, I laid it down after hitting some oil in the roadway. What's ironic is that I had just got off the phone with the dealership placing an order for sliders. While this is not my first bike (purchased Katana in May 05), it is my first time to lay one down. I have some significant scratching damage to the left lower and upper fairings, and there is a hole in the stator cover, whereas oil poured out of it. I have a few questions that I hope some of you can help me with...

1. Is this something that I should try to repair, or should I look into getting a new bike?

2. I know when cars are in accidents, after repair, often they never look the same; is this the case with motorcycles, more particularly busas?

3. How does laying down the bike affect the value...I always see for sale ads saying that their bike has never been laid down...after repair, can I claim that again?

Any advice that anyone can give regarding laying a bike down for the first time, I would greatly appreciate it...

Thanks...

My 2 cents: fix it up. You can either have the scratched/damaged panels repainted (hope you know a very good shop) or buy new ones (check here or ebay) I think you can also buy a new stator cover. Look at the very tips of your levers/pegs: tip overs and crashes usually leave their mark there. Not sure if CARFAX/OASIS reports also applies to bikes (in case buyer wants to run a VIN check)

If and when the day comes to sell your bike, you can admit that you laid it down but have fixed it. Or not say anything about and hope that the future buyer will not see this thread!
blush.gif

When I was shopping for my busa, I stayed away from bikes that were in an accident/crash (just my preference). No doubt, many bikes that have been in accidents are still good bikes. Best of luck.

If the frame, forks, and swingarm are all still straight, bolt on a new stator cover and get her back on the road. Repairing the cosmetic damage is a personal preference. Some paople just can't stand to ride a bike with a sscratch on it, and others don't care what it looks like as long as they can ride.

If there is no insurance claim, then there will be no record of the crash. I think it is dishonest not to disclose to a perspective buyer that the bike has not been laid down. How would you feel if you bought a bike you thought or were told was not in an accident only to discover later it had been dropped and fixed?

Don't know what's left but check out this thread

for parts

Fix it, put on a new stator cover. Repair or replace your plastics and get out there and RIDE
wink.gif

Don't ask how I know.  

From ronayers.com

Part Number:  11351-24F00  
Description:  COVER,MAGNETO  
Source:  SUZUKI  
Price:  $48.44  

My local dealer gave it to me for the same price...........

Did the same thing not even a month after buying my 05 limited. New stator cover and new plastics and you can't even tell. I know but no one else could ever tell. But I will never sell this busa so I don't have to disclose anything.

Laying down a bike is always a good way to justify getting mods done.
biggrin.gif
And it always happens that way with sliders. Ordered mine and when I got home I dropped the Bus. Same thing happened to a Honda buddy.

Next time I buy before I take it out of showroom, gonna have all mods done.

I fixed up my last bike after it went down, good thing was I wasn't riding it, bad thing is it cost me about $2,200 to get it back in perfect shape. No one could tell it was down, and it rode just the same as a new bike.

As the others have said fix it and get out and ride!

Get it repaired! I laid mine down the second trip, the right side was scratched pretty bad. After getting it repainted I can't even tell where.

<!--EDIT|purplebusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1142464985 -->

Do the mom n pop type repair shops do a good job or should u go to the stealership?Lol U know the cheapest solution is to put a sticker on the scratch

hard to say what to do without seeing how bad damage is yela-thro up sum pix if u can. I tossed my baby over a curb last summer into the grass; popped the screen n put sum scratches on lower right plastic n underside of right ex. pipe. 3 weeks before my neighbor knocked it over while parked; he nicked tail, put scratches on right fairing that were actually deeper than the 1s from sliding thru grass @50mph on its side. After that I decided to wait til winter to do any fixn in case i had more bad luck. If you're still getn used to riding the beast, leave it as is until you're more comfortable and then spend some $$ to fix what you don't wana look at.

oh yeah, welcome to the party!

Back