Picking up my new Busa tomorrow.

Here's the first 2 pics. Taken with my Blackberry because I discovered that my dig camera joined MJ, Farrah, Ed, and Billy Mays. Besides it's bone stock anyway.

busa1-sm.jpg

busa2-sm.jpg

:welcome: MAY I SUGGEST YOUR 1ST MOD BE THE REMOVEL OF THE REFLECTORS:laugh:

Massachusetts has started being complete hard asses about such things. We have a huge budget deficit and our illustrious government has decided that cutting spending is out of the question so they are cranking up the taxes, fees, and having the state police act as revenue collectors by writing up anyone for anything and everything. And as of last October the inspection stations face a $10,000 fine if they pass a bike that shouldn't pass and get caught. So the stations are being really anal about everything so they don't get hit with a fine. I can't say as I blame them. But if you don't have reflectors you will not get a sticker.

I suppose I could yank them after I get a sticker and put them back for a sticker next year but I have heard rumors that if you get pulled over the Staties are checking for them and writing tickets if they aren't there. I guess if it's not surchargable(I don't know) I wouldn't care as the fine isn't big.

Massachusetts has started being complete hard asses about such things. We have a huge budget deficit and our illustrious government has decided that cutting spending is out of the question so they are cranking up the taxes, fees, and having the state police act as revenue collectors by writing up anyone for anything and everything. And as of last October the inspection stations face a $10,000 fine if they pass a bike that shouldn't pass and get caught. So the stations are being really anal about everything so they don't get hit with a fine. I can't say as I blame them. But if you don't have reflectors you will not get a sticker.

I suppose I could yank them after I get a sticker and put them back for a sticker next year but I have heard rumors that if you get pulled over the Staties are checking for them and writing tickets if they aren't there. I guess if it's not surchargable(I don't know) I wouldn't care as the fine isn't big.

WOW............THAT REALLY SUCKS! THEY NEED TO GET A LIFE!:moon:

congrats and welcome! i removed all of mine right after the sticker and passed several cops within the last few months with no problems here on the western end. now you got me paranoid about it. :laugh:

My first bike was an '03 600rr that I learned to ride on for 2 years. It was a good bike to learn on and when I felt comfortable with my experience level I bought my 'busa. You just have to learn to control that throttle hand. A 'busa is a cadillac with a corvette motor in it! You will never see me ride another bike.

Well I have decided to yank the reflectors, I will have to keep them handy as I will need to put them back for a sticker next year but they are buggin me too much to stay. I will post if I get any grief from the cops.

Finally getting weather I can ride in and have put about 300 miles on it so far.

Any opinions on an exhaust system? I would like to stick with dual pipes as I like the way the bike looks more balanced to me.

Back