Just got me a Busa

gearhead77

Registered
So, I just got a steal on an '06. I hate to sound like the novice that I am, but she is my first one. Any and all help torwards a fruitfull riding career will be greatly appreciated. And yes, I do know that this is way to much for a first bike so please, help not b/s is what I need.

:welcome: and Congrats! First bit of help for you is post up pics of your bike.

from my dunce stool via tapatalk

:welcome: aboard! Post some pics of the new ride :rulez:

As far as the busa for the first ride, well just take it easy till you feel very comfortable with it, we have some members that started on busa, maybe they will give you some pointers.

Good luck and ride safe.

Thanks already... I've got to get shots with better light, but they will be up soon. I'll say without any reservations that this bike scare the P out of me. I'm a brand new owner, but have riden before....Thanks

Give us the vitals on the bike. Color? Black I hope, its the fastest color:laugh: any mods already on it?
Also where are you located? There may be a member close that can help you out in person.

Well if you have riden before that helps, and I agree with busabret, hopefuly its a black one, but only cause you need to take it easy at the begining, those things are slowwww...:laugh:
Once you get more experience you can get a white one:thumbsup:

Thank you all... She's a deep red with black lowlights.... I'm an aggie so I wish she was a little darker... She's stock, but right now, I just want to upgrade the exhaust. I reeeeallly just want to take it easy right now. I'm in the beaumont area and I have a few friends that ride and they are all helpfull. kentmax5 let me steal her, so I do have a friend close by to help, but I look forward to all the help I can get..Thank you all...................

Yes black is good for the first, white is a good intermediate step till you get the blue. They don't offer the blue that often because they are soon fast.

Just respect the bike. One plus is you won't need to upgrade. Unless you want to get a Gen II.

The pavement is just as hard when you fall off a 600 or a busa. I normally recomemd a cheap bike for a first bike because it doesn't cost too much to fix, the busa gets kind of expensive. The no cut frame sliders seem to be effective. Unfortunately we have had a few members test them lately.

tapatalk - on my HTC ERIS rooted with cyanogen mod 7

enjoy the bike and welcome.

i personally went straight for the suspension on mine as its very softly sprung at the front so that would be my advice if you want to get the most out of it.

1.1kg springs and fresh oil would be a good choice as the oe .85's are a joke.

the rear shock can be serviced too but the front is borderline dangerous as these bikes run wide until you get the springs done .

on the upside the oe springs will keep you steady till you get used to the bike

Welcome.
I got my Busa in January after 30 odd years of not riding. Just take it easy at first, and if you have any problems just ask here on the org, I had a few with cornering and the weight of the bike but the people on here pointed me in the right direction, so all is good now.

Welcome to the oRg. Justin has a heck of a sale on helmets right now, wish I was in the market for one. Take it very easy, the reason is scares you is because it the fastest production motorcycle on the planet. :welcome:

I agree with busabret, hopefuly it is not a black one, cause you need to take it easy at the begining, those things are faaaaaassssssst...:laugh:

Yes black is good for fast. They don't offer the blue that often because they are so slow, almost as slow as white.

Yes black is the fastest color. All kidding aside these bikes are sneaky quick. I rode back in the 70's and bought an '06 after 30 years away. Take it easy at first.

1) The bike is heavy, once it tips so far to the left or right all you'll be able to do is ride her down gently because she's gonna go to the ground.

1a) Doesn't stop on a dime

1b) Not great on gravel, sand, or wet grass

2) The bike is quick, fast, and smooth. You can really be headed into a corner, dead end road, toward a cager that doesn't see you faster than you think.

3) Torque monster. Between 4K and 10K the front end gets light and if conditions are right the rear end can get loose. Enjoy the torque, but respect it.

Yes black is good for the first, white is a good intermediate step till you get the blue. They don't offer the blue that often because they are soon fast.

:rofl: I am so sorry you got conned into buying the second slowest color made. That doesn't give you the right to give this new owner false info. Don't be hatin on us fastest color owners cause your feminine side wanted pretty instead of fast. :laugh:

1. if you have not yet done so, attend an MSF course soonest.
2. All The Gear, All The Time (ATGATT)
3. practice A LOT, specially decreasing radius turns (like freeway on/off ramps) where you will need to brake quickly. Or practice emergency braking.
4. cars do/will not see you, use lane position to BE SEEN. special attention at STOP lights where opposite flow has a LEFT turn while you are going on your green
5. if you do not have one, download a free copy and read/learn: Service manuals for Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycles, free download of service manuals for your GSXR bikes

Back