Just got lowering links. How in the hell do u install them

dayem dowg.lol.i hope this wont offend nobody.. but thats some straight engineering right there.
dont try and do that on your busa:laugh:
altho very resourceful of you.
you'd do very good on that show survivor
Instead of the tank prop... I hold my tank up w/ a bungee cord wrapped around my shed top vent window inside and hook it to the tank bolt hole... Whatever works right?

OK the story goes on. I get the weight off the rear loosen the nuts and bolts and discover the pipe is in the way! OK no big deal Mr Ti-Force has to come off. after i remove the can and mid pipe all is well. i take the old links off put the new ones on the lowest setting because the holes dont look that far away, bolt everything back up, sit my 220lbs body in the saddle, THE $%^$%## TIRE HITS THE UNDERTAIL! TOO LOW! Now im a little pissed but im more happy i was able to do it, so no prob i tell Ms D, whom i had holding the bike steady while i turn wrenches "you go make us some food. I can handle this on my own" Big mistake ??? So now i laying next to the bike snatching wrenches shes gone cause im the man i dont need her, i got this. All of a sudden the rear swings out! Held up by the come-alongs the back stays up but the front comes crashing down on top of me. I feel the clutch lever slam in between my legs while the rest of the bike sits on my stomach :rofl: So i quickly hop up count the twins, theres still two im ok :cheerleader: hopefully no one saw me. I pick the bike up, no scratches cause it fell on me. Finished the job cause i couldnt let it beat me and now we got a reason to buy a shiny new clutch lever.

IMG00010-20091116-1655.jpg

IMG00015-20091116-1818.jpg

IMG00078-20090904-1329.jpg

So your boys of steel...bent the clutch lever???:rofl:
While your at it...should fix up that tag before POPO issues....atleast clean it????

No the clutch lever hit the ground between my legs and snaped the tip of the lever off.
Posted via Mobile Device

talk about making a mountain out of a molehill.::9
At least you got it done though and thats what matters. For future reference,in case you ever need to get the rear off the ground for maintanance, When you goto lowes or home depot, just ask them for "metal stock". I got my bar at home depot for around $6 and have used to for this purpose at least 20 times. As far as getting the bar on jackstands, what I usually do is start with the side opposite the kickstand, put the bar through the swingarm pivot, and put a jackstand on the side opposite the kickstand with the bar on it while the bike is still on the stand, then I simply grab the lowside of the bar and pick up the bike and wifey slides the other jackstand under the side I'm holding and BOOM...you're done...bikes on stands. Of course this is assuming you have the strength to lift it. You look like a pretty stought guy though and if done properly, and lifting with legs, not back, even a skinny guy should be able to do it.:thumbsup:

:beerchug: glad you both made it out with only minor mishaps!
Hope the height is right for her,cause I'm sure you'll love doing it a 2nd time! :laugh:

nope no jack was used and yes i did it a second time with no issues this time. Those holes dont look like a big diff from lowest setting from highest but lowest rubed the tire when she hit a bump. Thanks about the metal stock. lifting is easy. LOL

Raise the bike up with a jack. Then slide 1/4 dia rod thru the swingarm pivot bolt..rest each end of the rod on jackstands. THis will hold the wieght of the bike up off the rear. Just swap out the links and figure the correct lower hole you want to use.

+1 this works perfectly!

Back