How to lower a Busa

Risers don't lower the front end. Risers raise the height of your bars.

Yes and no, they raise the top clamp which gives ya another inch for the forks to slide upward, lowering the front, if you choose, not necessary tho. Dual purpose mod. Assuming we are thinkin about the same part. :thumbsup:
Droid via Tapatalk

Yes and no, they raise the top clamp which gives ya another inch for the forks to slide upward, lowering the front, if you choose, not necessary tho. Dual purpose mod. Assuming we are thinkin about the same part. :thumbsup:
Droid via Tapatalk

We are, but I'm making the point that the risers themselves don't lower anything. Risers raise your bars...hence the name. If you want to lower, you have to undo the clamps.

dont think im calling them the right thing then cause when i put them on my bike it lowered the front end. they probably have a different name. its the "spacers" that go under the triple tree.
whatever it was it cost about $20 and lowered the front end.

!BhKfq2QB2k~$(KGrHqMOKjUErzJ-+Lh7BLH9Z9ivWw~~_12.jpg

What is the lowest you can go before you have to either get a new kickstand, or do the kickstand mod? I have a set of lowering links, but have not installed them yet. It is the set that has the one hole on one end, and three holes on the other end. I believe it is a 2-4" drop.

How did you guys get the caps of the allen bolt from the triple tree off? I cant figure out how to pop them four little caps off. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Dadofthree, Do you have to replace your kickstand with this setup?

"I just sit on mine but seriously by a set of links for the rear and risers for the front. I think that's the cheapest way going and gets you roughly 2" in the rear and 1 1/2 " in the front"

I didn't but the bike was close to standing straight up and down. You really need to pay attention to where you park. I stuck with the factory stand.

Anyone have some insight on how to get the lower bolt on the rear links loose? I cannot break the sucker and do not have an impact wrench.

Anyone have some insight on how to get the lower bolt on the rear links loose? I cannot break the sucker and do not have an impact wrench.

You do have the pressure taken off the links dont you.

What is the lowest you can go before you have to either get a new kickstand, or do the kickstand mod? I have a set of lowering links, but have not installed them yet. It is the set that has the one hole on one end, and three holes on the other end. I believe it is a 2-4" drop.

I took a sledgehammer to my kickstand to curve it and that's when it was lowered 2 1/4" front/4" rear.

dont think im calling them the right thing then cause when i put them on my bike it lowered the front end. they probably have a different name. its the "spacers" that go under the tripqle tree.
whatever it was it cost about $20 and lowered the front end.

Sorry if I missed it but where did you get "spaces" from. Wife just want little lower than stock.

Back