Lowering links installed..Next?

1300hemibusa

Registered
Well i got my lowering links installed and it made a big diff in my hands and back  and it looks cool to!
smile.gif

Heres my problem... or is it a problem ?The top part of my chain is resting on the swing arm gard ..The chain did have a bit of slack in it and i was thinking if i reset  it ,  it wouldn't hang down on the gard ..Well it did help a bit but it still rests on the gard ..Is this the way it is? I never checked it before i added the lowering links , so it may have been this way from the factory..  What does yours look like?  Thanks Lee..

<!--EDIT|1300hemibusa
Reason for Edit: "just cause..."|1106075298 -->

That doesn't sound abnormal because when you put the bike under load that slack will take itself up, but make sure you are adjusting the chain properly. Adjust the chain when it is cold and not warm. You can also have a rider on the bike when adjusting to get it just right. If I remember the #'s right I just sset mine in between what they want at 1" of slack. Also recheck it after finishing everything because the slack does change after the axle is tightened up.
smile.gif

That doesn't sound abnormal because when you put the bike under load that slack will take itself up, but make sure you are adjusting the chain properly. Adjust the chain when it is cold and not warm. You can also have a rider on the bike when adjusting to get it just right. If I remember the #'s right I just sset mine in between what they want at 1" of slack. Also recheck it after finishing everything because the slack does change after the axle is tightened up.
smile.gif
Thanks Justntime ..I set it to 1 inch of slack (cold) and rechecked it with axle tight and me on the bike and it looks fine ..I was just worried about wearing out the front upper chain gard.... Even with a load on it, it is still very close to the gard and i was unsure if that was ok.. I know lots of people lower there Busa so it must work ok that way .. I haven't found any posts about chain gard wear with the bike lowered ...I just didn't want to screw up my new Busa.....Lee..

Thats normal to rest on the guard.  Has nothing to do with lowering. No worries

<!--EDIT|jusmoov
Reason for Edit: None given...|1106106091 -->

Back