Lowering Links

Mrs.Rubber2Burn

The Diet Coke of Evil!!!
Donating Member
Registered
Are there any lowering links available out there that go further than 2 inches? Specifically for Suzuki?

I inquire as it is a very SORE subject in our garage. :laugh: :laugh:

If links are made, I am not looking at lowering for looks but for feeling the ground more firmly under my feet. Would I be giving up stability of the bike by going any lower? I am 5'1" and being this short is really inconvenient when trying to ride/balance.

Check out Soupys adjustable lowering links... I know they go pretty damned low! ... just my :2cents:

What are the specifics on your bike? SV650? What year and all?

Edit: 2002 SV650...

Last edited:
2002 SV650s currently has adjustable lowering links on it (lowered 2 inches). I can touch the ground, but would like to feel more stable if possible. The links on the bike have "hayabusa" engraved on them & have three holes.

As you can see I have a "garage concierge" that does my mechanics (I am slowly learning). The last time he had to deal with the links resulted in blood shed. Asking about doing much to those things is not a happy topic.

Vortex LL513 lowering links will go down 2.5"

Still searching...

Vortex LL513 lowering links will go down 2.5"

Still searching...

Thanks for the info! I would prob feel great at 2.5" with just the added drop. I will have to do some very nice talking to the hubby though. Right now at 2" down, with no one sitting on the bike it makes it a night mare to do any kind of service/maintenance with the rear tire or chain; let alone the exhaust can in the back.

how bout some platforms? :laugh:

brandsonsale-store_2076_518254857.jpg

Okay, check this out. Brock's Performance SKU: S13-LL-SET http://prostores2.carrierzone.com/s...trse-1343/1300-Hayabusa-Lowering-Links/Detail

Looks like these go down 3". Apparently Hayabusa lowering links also fit the 1999-2002 SV650. I don't know about clearance issues though... Definitely check on that so you know nothing will bottom out or rub anywhere..

I spoke with a couple of folks at Brock's the other day, and they have great customer service. Surely they can help get it right for you. :beerchug:

Okay, check this out. Brock's Performance SKU: S13-LL-SET http://prostores2.carrierzone.com/s...trse-1343/1300-Hayabusa-Lowering-Links/Detail

Looks like these go down 3". Apparently Hayabusa lowering links also fit the 1999-2002 SV650. I don't know about clearance issues though... Definitely check on that so you know nothing will bottom out or rub anywhere..

I spoke with a couple of folks at Brock's the other day, and they have great customer service. Surely they can help get it right for you. :beerchug:

Also you might check on thier adjustable links. If I remember correctly the highest that they will go is the "2nd hole" on the non adjustable links. They are what I have on mine and it looks slammed compared to stock.

I have a set of these if you want them. I just took them off to put the adjustable ones on as I'm doing a swingarm this winter. $20 plus shipping and they're yours.

Get a set of Soupys adjustable links. I have a set on my Busa and they work great. You can lower the back way down for easy mounting, looks, better wind protection and touching the ground flat footed. If you need to raise the rear end for maintenance or any other reason all you need is a 19MM open end wrench and you can raise the rear right back to stock in less than 5 minutes. On the Busa they can both be adjusted from one side while the bike is on the side stand. The only drawback to having the rear lowered is that the bike doesnt corner as well as stock height. In fast cornering it tends to run a little wide. However, if I am expecting some spirited cornering a simple adjustment raises it back to stock height and cornering is back to normal. Once you get used to adjusting them they are just plain awesome. On the Busa they can lower the rear 4 inches. Good luck !

how bout some platforms? :laugh:

brandsonsale-store_2076_518254857.jpg

It is so funny that you mention this. My best friend (who does not ride and is never around motorcycles) said that I should just get a really good set of stripper heels, then when I stop all I have to do is put my feet down and it won't be an issue. :rofl: :rofl:

Thanks for all the options! I will have to consult hubby (my awesome bike mechanic) with the findings when he gets back from his latest trip. He did mention Soupys at one time but also said that since the front is lowered and doesn't have much give he isn't sure there is there is much more room to lower further. :(

Since I had my spill in August I am very nervous about getting back on the bike, and I am thinking of ways to feel more at ease. I have even been contenplating taking the MSF course again so that I can practice on their bikes some more.

The answer would be yes, links are out there...the question is how low can you go without mods before you hit something~?~

I have lowering links on mine that I can only use the first lowering hole on, and I hit a couple spots at that when the suspension is compressed...I'd say it's about 3 inches lower. I still have two more holes to go that I can not even use, LoL

They were sold as Gen II lowering links, but I figure someone just found out that they can fit different bikes and put the Gen II on the package.

Anyway, they work great and I have used them for about a year, but I am thinking about changing out to fully adjustable links soon...am checking the local shop today as a matter of fact~!~

Have you looked into seating options, maybe a little foam carving will get you back on terra firma? Lowering the suspension makes reaching the ground easier but not so good for turning and that's were most new riders run into trouble.

I just got off the phone with my local shop while looking to see if they had the other links in stock and they did verify the links they sell for the Gen II are for 3 - 5 inches lowered.

Here's mine...Gen 1 might be different, don't know

PS...I know the bolts loose, LoL...in the process of lowering for Maxton~!~

100_1645.jpg

Last edited:
Are you going to lower the front as well? The reason I ask is when we lowered Juli's Katana, we had to lower the front also to lower the bike completely. Then she was flat footed.

YES..as the orginal manufacture of stainless steel links...adjustable type...ours have always allowed you to lower the rear of the bike to 3 inches and a little lower... we have cnc 3 hole lower links that will do stock 2 inch and 3 inch....they are $29.99 our adjustable links like pictured below are $99.99 Our p[roducts are on some of the fastest and quickest bikes on the planet...not to mention we run them ourselves on our own bikes.... instruction are supplied and our products are backed by our warranty...a no hassle warranty!

spencercycle.com

SP-1900FA-2.jpg

Back