lowering links...How too?

1300hemibusa

Registered
My first mod to my new 05 busa will be a set of lowering links or dog bones ..Any tricks to install them ? bike jack needed? Please tell ..Thanks Lee..

very very easy

rear swingarm stand... some type of jack...

put the bike up on the stand... put the jack under the bottom of the shock... jack up just enough to relieve some pressure...

take bolts out and install new dog bones... let jack down and take off bike stand...
cool.gif

Thats just tooo funny, I am getting ready to go out and install mine today, I'll try and post some pics when I'm done.

very very easy

rear swingarm stand...   some type of jack...

put the bike up on the stand... put the jack under the bottom of the shock... jack up just enough to relieve some pressure...

take bolts out and install new dog bones... let jack down and take off bike stand...
cool.gif
Thanks for the info , i'll get right on it....Lee.
smile.gif

Are you lowering the front too?
rock.gif

Nice website! Are you doing the front and if so how ? (spacers)

naked profile, 1 1/2 lowered in back and 1 1/2 lowered in front.

<!--EDIT|paineless4u
Reason for Edit: None given...|1105865701 -->

lowered_naked.jpg

trac triple installed kinda a pain and a little drilling involved to get the ignition out of the old clamp. I went with polished verses chrome, I should have got chrome, the quality in my opinion sucks, because I can still see the cut marks.

<!--EDIT|paineless4u
Reason for Edit: None given...|1105865846 -->

Trac_Triple.jpg

the motorhead undertail. A few modification needed for this ordeal. Final result was good but getting there was another story.

undertail.jpg

new exhaust, I now have to go a different route home because the speed bump in the street scrapes the bottom of the exhaust with it being lowered.

Hindle.jpg

Genmars are nice but $$. You can get reapers risers from SH org. $30 . very easy to install comes in 1",1 1/4", 1 1/2". I got 1 1/4s on mine installed them in about an hour.

Lowering mine this weekend, ordered Pingle spacers and Dogbones.... thanks for the info

Back